tanning while preggo

Lgibson2370

Reaction score
Is it safe to tan in the tanning salon while preg. I never really thought to ask doctor. but also don't want to be ghostly white when if i get married. any thoughts on it. please let me know. thanks.

I think your ok to sit in the sun but you can get hot quicker and will burn easier. Tanning booths are a no no I think when pregnant. I went to the Dom rep when I was 8 weeks and nearly passed out twice in the heat and before I knew I was pregnant I used the sunbed for the normal amount of time and ended up getting burnt only afterwards when realised I was PG I discovered this was why I prob burnt

Hi, this is my only problem I've had during pregnancy. I miss my sunbeds! But no you are NOT allowed or should I say it's not advisable to go under a sunbed. Your baby is much more important than a tan, can't believe I said that I should practice what I preech!

What I can recommend, is a fake tan called Fake Bake, beats St Tropez hands down, as it's a lovely golden colour, but at the same time looks natural. You can get it from Harvey Nichols for £35 or online at Salon Lines for £20. Trust me I am tanorexic and found looking white and ill a major disadvantage to pregnancy, but hey, it will do your skin the world of good to remain pale! x

thanks a bunch. i never wanted to go out when preg with first baby so i never needed to know.

Why shouldn't you use tanning beds when pregnant?

As far as I know its because the UV light is to intense, i have been on holiday to greece twice since i have been preg and been fine both times, got a nice brown bump!!!

Natalie x

you also shudn't use sunbeds when pregnant due to hormones affecting your skin - something to do with photosynthesis to get really scientific! :shock: - the changes mean your skin doesnt produce enuf natural melanin, which is the tan that you see which protects you skin - ie your more likely to burn probably more so on your bump too as the skin is stretched and thinner

best to be safe and go for the fake bake!

shamu

i was told not to use sunbeds when pregnant a it can cause baby to get too hot!!!!! kind of like a boil in a bag!!

The main reason is that u would probably faint or it could b more serious.....when pregnant your heart beats double the normal amount.....this also happens when you become hot....the extra pressure of the two combined could be a threat to both you and baby as your arteries and veins expand to allow more blood to pump faster around your body (trying to cool you down), this then lowers yours...and possibly.... the babies blood pressure to overly low levels
So stick to the fake tan thats what im gonna do
Hope this helped

HI MATE I USED TO WORK IN A TANNING SALON I WORKED THERE FOR YRS AND WE USED TO ALLOW PPL TO USE SUNBED AS LONG as they sign a form to say they except any ricks, i have had 3 misscarriages and them 3times i went ahead with using sunbeds, with my daughter on my last pregnany i had hired a sunbed 2days b4 i found out i was preg so i just waisted the money and never went on it my preg was fine and had a healthy girl weather its a coincidence or not i dont no, but i wouldnt do it i no i feel so ugly with out a tan but iv got johnsons holiday skin its a moisteriser with a hint of tan put it on every night n slowly get a sunkissed glow :) its a bout £5 a bottle :)
i also got told (not sure if its true) that when you get near to your 3rd trimester cuz ya skin on ya belly is so thin it can tan through to baby!
but when u are early i no that its due to over heating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back