Talking contraception at 6 week check

MaryLouise

Reaction score
A quick question...I was as the title says talking about contraception with my Dr at my 6 week check and I've completely forgotten when the best time to get a coil fitted is, I had read that after giving birth you can have it done at anytime but the Dr (who was a bloke and told me that if I want a coil I have to make an appointment with a female Dr!) said I had to wait for a period to have it done. I know that periods can take a while to come back after birth so I thought this odd but I just nodded at him cos I was busy redressing Freddie, if waiting until then when do I need to make the appointment for? is it as soon as my period starts or after? He didnt explain and my mind was all over the place so I forgot to ask :doh:

I don't and never had had the coil, but I *think* if it's the same reason as the implant is to make sure you aren't pregnant again as they it's unsafe to fit it if you are pregnant, so you hve to wait for AF :) x

Yep I realise why I am waiting for my period to return but I'm still confused as to when I need to make the appointment to have the coil fitted? The Dr I spoke to before was a bit unclear and in my haste to get away and being a bit dithery that day I didnt really understand, do you have it fitted during your period or after? I'm hoping that I can get it done soon as I begrudge paying for condoms! I think they should be free as should all sanitary wear, well at least they should have tax removed from them as they are essentials that we cant all live without! (sorry rant over!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back