What contraception do you use?

I am on the mini pill but I am probably getting the coil fitted soon as you can't have it untill 3 months after delivery. It lasts for five years, doesn't interfere with breastfeeding and is meant to make periods lighter and less painful. I had the Implanon before I became pregnant which is a small implant put in to your arm under local aneastetic(not sure of spelling) and lasts 3 years. The implanon is good for some people but can cause irregular bleeding for others so it is just a matter of try it and see. I was also interested in a patch which is now available which you can't use if breastfeeding but it is like a nicotine patch that you change weekly and releases the same hormones as the pill. By the way don't have the depo injection unless you want to put on a couple of stone in a few months.

I went on the patches after my son was born they worked lovely for me. I changed them once a week then had a break week. I forget pills and didn't fancy any other methods as I don't like hormones messing me up but thought I need something as partner is lazy and ignorant and won't use condoms.

Good thing I found from patches was it only took me 2 months to get pregnant after stopping them rather than the long years I've heard from the PILL etc. x

I had the marina coil and would recommend it. The one thing I liked was it dose not stop you ovulating and you still get a period. I don't like anything that stopps either period or ovulation, at least if you ttc again your cycle is not all messed up and you've been ovulating. That my view.

Hopefully after I have a baby I'll have the coil again.

Good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back