Talcum alternatives? (contains slight TMI!)

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi girls -

I wondered if anyone else is having a problem with...the "apron" as my doc calls it.

You know, that lovely little "overhang" just under your bump that never quite went away after your first child. Mine, since I got pregnant this time, has become a small fold of skin that hangs over my section scar. It sweats, it is not comfy and no matter how clean I try to keep it, it gets itchy and sore. Sorry :oops: :oops:

My doc says this is called "intertrigo". It happens in the space between my breasts as well. Now I'm noted for keeping clean, I am fastidious about washing, I hate being dirty. So you can imagine that this is making me feel...icky. :oops:

Trouble is, talcum powder is out in our house due to the fact that since OH read that it often has small amounts of asbestos in it he won't have it in the house. PLUS you're not supposed to use it near your female bits due to links with ovarian cancers :shock: which is also why you're not supposed to use it in a little girl's nappy.

I wondered if there are talcum substitutes out there. I long to feel dry, comfy and above all clean.

Any ideas?

Sue

I'm suffering the same. Apron? Good name for it? Mine hung down off my bump like a ruddy triangle last time! :lol:

There is a talc substitute for feminine use 'down there' but I can't remember for the life of me what it's called - Fem something or other - sold in lots of chemists and supermarkets I think. Might have to track some down myself :D

Oh and another thing! I use metanium cream on Marcus' bum for nappy rash, and when I get sore where my 'apron' hangs ( :lol: sorry still find that phrase funny!) I put a bit of that on it and it solves the problem :cheer: Handy to have in for the baby too :D

Thanks M&M *takes notes*

Will have a look over weekend...

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111