Sleep positions

I have always slept, and can still manage to sleep on my belly. Well. Kind of.

I sleep on my right hip, facing the bed, right leg straight, left leg at a right angle iykwim, so half on my belly, half on my side...

It's the only way I can get to sleep at the moment, but bubs seems to love it.
He hates it if I'm on my left side with my legs tucked up, he kicks my legs as if to say "get off!!" :p

I could have written this post. Replace when u said 'he' with 'she' - and that's what I have to add to this thread lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have always slept, and can still manage to sleep on my belly. Well. Kind of.

I sleep on my right hip, facing the bed, right leg straight, left leg at a right angle iykwim, so half on my belly, half on my side...

It's the only way I can get to sleep at the moment, but bubs seems to love it.
He hates it if I'm on my left side with my legs tucked up, he kicks my legs as if to say "get off!!" :p

I could have written this post. Replace when u said 'he' with 'she' - and that's what I have to add to this thread lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Strange how they know it's that side isn't it!!

I've always slept on my front, so have found it quite difficult.

I still kindof sleep on my front to get to sleep, I lie on my front with my right leg at a right angle iykwim, and put a pillow under my hip. It still feels like I'm sleeping on my front but takes the pressure off my bump.

I always wake up on my left side though

That sounds so like my sleeping position at minute just other way round. I can't sleep on left at all as I find I cant breath properly and heart goes mental. Therefore as I'm on right I have left leg at angle and sometimes have pillow under my hip if needed. I like it when I waken up like this as it means a full nights sleep - far and few between these days.

Ive always fallen asleep on my front, cant get to sleep any other way! I dont like sleeping on my left because then Im facing OH and I feel like Im being watched! Even if hes fast asleep!

This bit really made me laugh. I don't like facing OH but not because I'm being watch, I don't like him snoring in my face!! LOL

Last edited:
i swap and change from my left to my right to on my back, but i dont stay on my back for long because i feel like i cant breath lol x

I bought a u shaped pillow from ikea for about £8 which has been invaluable,
I start off on one side, at some point go onto the other side and usually end up on my back, saves getting any aches and pains, if I stay too long on one side it is uncomfy and I have to move, I found moving to a tempura mattress was so much better for comfort, but we had one in the spare room so it was easy for us just to swap them
I use the pillow to help prop up in bed (as have bad back too) also use as L shaped half along my back and the other half between my legs when I'm on my side instead of the recommended pillow
Hope this helps some people

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back