Symptoms boy vs girl

Star_girl

Reaction score
Just wondering those of you with a boy and a girl how was your symptoms different?

with my daughter I had serve sickness (HG) and cravings for sweet food from 4 weeks.

with this pregnancy I’ve felt sick and only been sick like 4 times and I’m currently 7 weeks pregnant in week 5 I craved salty eggs? :dohh:

Baby 1 was a girl. Sickness started at 3 weeks, I vomited every day from 4-16 weeks. I craved salt.

Baby 2 was also a girl. Sickness didn't start until 6 weeks. I vomited quite a lot less, but the nausea was far more intense and lasted until 23ish weeks. I craved sugar.

I think there is at least some truth to the old wives tale about morning sickness being worse with girls, as everyone I've ever met who has said "oh I was so well in pregnancy, I hardly had any nausea" has had a baby boy! But that might just be a fluke. I definitely know boy mamas who have had HG etc so its not like its true for everyone! The cravings thing is definitely rubbish though.. :)

Baby 1 was a girl. Sickness started at 3 weeks, I vomited every day from 4-16 weeks. I craved salt.

Baby 2 was also a girl. Sickness didn't start until 6 weeks. I vomited quite a lot less, but the nausea was far more intense and lasted until 23ish weeks. I craved sugar.

I think there is at least some truth to the old wives tale about morning sickness being worse with girls, as everyone I've ever met who has said "oh I was so well in pregnancy, I hardly had any nausea" has had a baby boy! But that might just be a fluke. I definitely know boy mamas who have had HG etc so its not like its true for everyone! The cravings thing is definitely rubbish though.. :)

I agree that it's not true for everyone, I'm having a boy and was very ill from about week six to week nineteen. It was horrific x__x I definitely think it's just an old wives tale :)

I've got 3 boys and pregnant with a girl. Had hg in all my pregnancies including my mmc. Only difference this time is I ended up in hospital for the 1st time on a drip at 7 weeks rather than 9 weeks like in my others, but that was partly due to the doctors refusing me ondansetron to start with due to the increased risk of cleft palate in baby if taken before 12 weeks. It pretty much lasted the same amount of time too. Cravings wise have been pretty similar, I ate more cereal with my boys, but this time I possibly have chosen the more sweeter options this time like coco pops rather than bran flakes. I would never have guessed I was carrying a different gender this time from any of my symptoms or cravings, in fact I was quite adamant it was another boy lol

With my son I wasn’t sick at all. I think I had a couple of days Of feeling slightly queasy but that’s it.
I don’t know what I’m having this time, but the sickness and nausea in first tri was horrid! In fact I prefer the sickness to the nausea, it woke me at like 2am most days just feeling horrific. Stopped at around 13 weeks, but still get the odd nauseous moment now. So different so we will see if this ones a girl x

So interesting! Thankyou all for sharing x this pregnancy has been completely different to my daughter. It seems my sickness has disappeared 7+1 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back