Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

When you get out of bed, keep your legs together and swing them off the side of the bed before getting up, this helps a bit.
Paracetomol are crap aren't they!!! Roll on the Nurofen once the bubs are born!!!
:cheer:

Have you read this sticky about SPD exercises?

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=16983

If you can get a referral by your GP or MW to the physiotherapy department of your local hospital that might help. I was ignored by the local MW but one of the hospital MW's actually referred me during the parentcraft day. I got an appt with the physio and she gave me some exercises which helped. I also got a very wide support belt which I wear when I'm doing any walking (or around the supermarket). It's not comfy to sit in though so I don't use it around the house.

There are some things you can do to help yourself too. Don't stand on one leg or lean with your weight on one side. Get dressed sitting down (especially when pulling up knickers or putting on trousers). Keep your knees together as much as possible e.g. when getting in/out of bed or the car.

I hope you get a referral for physio soon if it is SPD. I don't exercise much either but had the SPD bad from 29th week. :hug:

Thankyou for all your kind words and advice :hug:

Still waiting for the midwife to ring :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back