Is this SPD??

Heulyn

Reaction score
I've been getting really, REALLY unbearable pain my my hips/groin area for a while now, and it's stopping me walking about and doing things normally. :(

I had a Google [I know, Google is not my friend!] to see if could be the head engaging or something, but all that I got were sites on SPD and PGP. :roll:

I had a look at a diagram and circled where the pain is - with it being the bit labelled symphysis pubis, I'm guessing that I might be suffering from a bit of SPD after all?

Pelvis-1.jpg

Is there anything I can do about this? I've a MW appt tomorrow, so I'll ask her, but I don't want to sound silly if it's something else, and not SPD at all :oooo:

Last edited:
it probably is, i have it, not a lot you can do about it! i just live with it but you can have physio. i just didnt want any more hassle than necessary so i havent persued it! x

Sounds like it. My pubic bone is always sore, I have to do everything slowly and carefully :s

The only thing they say that helps really is a bump support band thing that you can get from physio or buy yourself. (although i havent tried any). My midwife says some people even need crutches by the end of pregnancy if it gets that bad!

Try a warm bath at night to ease it but unfortunately once you have it there isn't much you can do.

Sounds about right. Ask ur midwife to refer u to physio for a check up

:shock: I hope it doesn't get any worse than this, it's proper getting in the way, especially with all those stairs. Even walking round the house is a pain :(

Just an update -went to the MW today, and she said that unfortunately it sounds like SPD, but is common and will go away after the birth.... and then she went: "so it's put up and shut up, really"!

:rofl: How blunt is that! Funny though!

Just an update -went to the MW today, and she said that unfortunately it sounds like SPD, but is common and will go away after the birth.... and then she went: "so it's put up and shut up, really"!

:rofl: How blunt is that! Funny though!

Yeah it's a pain, literally!

Yeah I kinda think a lot of pregnancy related pain is out up and shut up because there is sod all we can do about it! Just have to get on with it, I'm quite good at doing that lol I've got way too much to do like 3 horses an dogs to worry about being miserably in pain at home, yeah it's sore but i just get on with it. Lol. Hope that didn't sound harsh, just saying your midwife has a very good attitude! And we wont die from it, just have to suffer a little. I try and think of those less fortunate than us that suffer a lot worse things, we really don't have too much to complain about when you compare us to others in 3rd world etc x

To be fair, you're right, it's not the end of the world or anything drastic, and it's well worth it in the end, it's just an inconvenience.
Shame eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back