swopping tactics....

Was going to post this in the other thread about taking temperatures but thought I would post it into 'swapping tactics' instead as I thought it was appropriate.

This isn't recommended by the fertility books and Toni Weschler (sp?) would kill me for saying it. But what worked for me was to take my temperature at the same time each day but early evening.

I actually took it at 5pm each day as I walked in through the door. This was particularly helpful in the winter when it is really hard to wake up and take temperatures in the dark.

Even though the books don't endorse it, I did get a definite thermal shift every month doing it this way.

In my mind, charting your body fluids, temps, etc is the only way to feel totally in control and know exactly what goes on in the body. All the other methods just seem to let someone else make the decision for you.

Providing you haben't just come off the pill, you should notice a rough idea of when you ovulate from as soon as the second month.

But in the mean time while you are waiting to see a pattern, try the 'leave it for eight days and BD every other day' method, so that you are doing two things as once.

This is what worked for me.

Hi very quick question,

We are currently BD every other day, as many people have advised, but my partner has a high sex drive and I am worried that everyday will slow his sperm down, urrrrgh thats not right not sure how to put it but, not run out but not produce as much sperm :oops: :oops: sorry if that makes sense?

Would this reduce your chances of BPF?

Any comment on this would help

Thanks

Sarah

Having BD every day can be bad news for men who have a low sperm count, but providing he is normal, every day shouldn't hurt.

The reason for the every other day thing is to make sure that the sperm stays a high quality and if you do it every day, the quality can be reduced.

Mind you, saying that. Our baby was conceived on our honeymoon, and you know what honeymoons tend to be like. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: TMI, but it happened for us and we did it every day.

Great thanks for that Sarah,

I even went to the extreme of putting fake tan on last night so he wouldnt want to because I wasnt sure and I didnt want to waste any tiddlers

But this morning I have noticed that my cm was started to go clear and egg white like, so he will be in his element this evening when I get home from work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All this planning from the girl who said dont think about it, relax it will happen, I just cant help my self :wink: :wink:

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
There's different schools of thought of how often you should have sex. The advice given on this site is every other day. A friend of mine who has had two miscarraiges saw two gynacologist and both said that frequency of sex doesn't affect sperm. If it's poor sperm it's poor sperm. The amount of times you do it won't make any difference. Friends of mine who have had babies said they had loads of sex around ovulation time so do what feels natural for both of you. It can't do any harm. My friend who got pregnant last year told me and I quote "do it like the clappers when you think ovulation is approaching". We're having sex every day before and after ovulation.
Good luck,
S

Hi Hayley,
Thanks for your message. Persona should be sued for putting misleading information in their booklets when they say that once swiped the information is lost forever. I've decided to stick with it for the next couple of months. My period is 27 - 28 days anyway - I'm really regular so I'm sure the window of opportunity shown is about right. If by Christmas nothing has happened I'll go to a gynacologist. I'm making a real effort this month not to get obsessed with baby making and I've done well until now! But it's hard isn't it? I hope everything goes well for you.
Good luck this month.
Take care,
PS when is your AF due?

Heya girls! I have already posted this earlier in this thread, but here it is again. My gyno said that a safe way to hit your fertile peak w/ a 28 day cycle-38 day cycle is to bD EVERYDAY from day 10-20. This will be our first month giving it a go! Hope my hubby holds up! lol :wink:

Hi S

My next af is due 6th September - although it's gonna be replaced by BFP... thanks for the well wishes. When is your next Af due? I agree it can be difficult not becoming obsessed with trying... I can't stop thinking of baby names, baby clothes and nursery furniture, wondering if i'll have a boy or girl, wondering what i'll look like with a bump.... it's driving me crazy! I can't imagine what it must feel like getting a BFP... I try to keep myself positive.. but after reading the books on trying i've realised how difficult it can be to become pregnant. I think every woman must think they will never become pregnant (until they do). I think all those woman who try for years then go through IVF are so strong. I don't know if I could do it. I'd crack up.. So ALL you woman out there who has been trying for years, have gone through treatment after treatment... you are an inspiration.

Good luck S with trying and everyone else trying at the moment...

The train of thought on how often you should BD seems to differ from what you read and who you talk to. I was lucky enough to get pregnant the first time (13 years ago! Unplanned) when I was on the pill and he used a condom. And when I have worked it out, we BD just the once when I was fertile. I was 22, smoked and drank lots, had a really bad diet, and definitely was not taking care of myself. Although this was completely unplanned, I did not realise how lucky I was to get pregnant so easily until I started thinking about it again and reading up on it.

This time is completely different. I have a loving husband (of only 7 weeks) and we are both desperate for additions to the family. I have been taking folic acid for 5 months, and trying to eat well and take care of myself. I didn't want even the outside chance of being pregnant on our honeymoon so booked for my coil to be removed the week we came back. I spoke to my gp and she told me that I could possibly get pregnant immediately, not like the pill, your body does not need time to revert to normal. I also asked her about the amount of BD we should be doing, and she said "as much as you can both manage". Well, with a very active 24 year old husband, this is a lot!!! She told me that it would be best if we didn't leave it any longer than 5 days inbetween, as this can slow down his little swimmers, and make them less active. She recommended ovulation sticks, which I have used, and said that we were to BD as much as possible for the 3 days before ovulation, and for 5 days after. Today is 1 DPO, so I'm keeping fingers crossed, and we are BD as often as we can.

To be honest, I don't think either of us could manage to keep to the every other day BD anyway. After all, we are newlyweds!! :wink:

Good luck to all who are TTC, lets hope that this time next month, we are posting in the Pregnancy Buddies section!!!

Ah good luck Tankett and hi Hayley.
Tankett, your doctor is right. When the time comes do it as often as you can!
Hayley, my AF is due in a few days. Will be philosphical when it comes. My new 'it will happen when it happens' attitude will be sorely tested this day!
Good luck kido. The time will fly.
Keep me posted now won't you.
S

Things I did different the cycle of my bfp were;

BD everyday just before O,
took Evening Primrose Oil capsules from CD1 up to O
laid flat on my back after BD (I usually jumped up for the loo!)

Good luck ladies

Angela

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back