Swollen fingers

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
So today my hands have swollen. My right hand was worse earlier but seems to have gone down, but my left hand is very swollen

My wedding ring/engagement ring need to come off, they are starting to cut in and its painful, but its so swollen I don't have a chance of getting it off - even with all the soap in the world.

I've just tried holding my in cold water, but the swelling didn't ease

Anyone got anytips for getting the swelling down so I can get these rings off before its too late?

Try exercising them, basically pumping your fingers open and shut. Also you could try elevating them above heart level. Sorry,other than that im no help. Hope you manage to get your rings off.

Hopefully first thing in the morning should be the best time to try as the swelling should be at it least, but be care the more you try the more swollen your fingers are likely to become .
So in the morning hand up in the air above your head at least 10 minutes then put a rubber glove on the other hand and grease the ringed hand really well , with whatever you have to hand , baby oil , butter , cooking oil anything slippy remove the glove and get a good grip on the ring and hopefully it will come off . Good luck xx

a bowl of water filled with ice cubes and water. Stick your fingers in and leave them for at LEAST 10mins. And no taking fingers out and tugging on ring to check. After the 10mins take them out and squirt baby oil or fairy liquid on your finger and then full the skin tight from below the ring, between your ring and your palm and then get hubby to gently slide the ring off.

good luck! x

God it all sounds very painful will give it another bash today but still looking very swollen this morning ... Wish I'd take. Them off earlier :wall2: I think the crutches are making the swelling worse!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Have you got them off yet tweetyfoo ? xx

I know the feeling. I got my engagement ring off but my wedding ring is well and truly stuck. I'm just hoping the swelling goes down after I've had her x

Nope not budging

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I managed to get mine off before they got well and truly stuck last week but it was a bit of a job! I put my hand in water and ice with some olive oil in it. Left it in there as long as I could and rotated my ring while it was under water in the hope it would get some oily water on it and they did come off. Also my hand was incredibly soft after lol.
Really hope you can get them off :) x

Last edited:
I took all mine off a couple of weeks ago just incase, as they were starting to feel a bit tight. I have been quite lucky so far in regards to my fingers swelling up but my feet and ankles have been quite puffy.

I hope you can get them off soon hun and that you are not too uncomfortable.

XX

I need to take mine off soon, put it on the opposite hand to usual last night, fell asleep and couldn't get it off this morning!! x

Em ... do it now!, I was thinking this only last week. They would have come off last week, this week they aren't budging

I'll be gutted if they need to cut them off :cry:

i was at a wedding yesterday and tried to get my rings on for first time in months, didnt think they were that swollen, but I couldnt get them on over my knuckle!

you managed to get yours off yet? x

Nope they are staying put! Waiting for the weather to cool down and I'll give it another go x

I got my wedding ring off!
I had just got out of the shower and was still wet and was rubbing baby oil into my skin, and while my hands were oily and slippy, I managed to wriggle it off. Hurt like hell, and my finger is still dented lol, but my rings are now safely around my neck :) x

I got my wedding ring off!
I had just got out of the shower and was still wet and was rubbing baby oil into my skin, and while my hands were oily and slippy, I managed to wriggle it off. Hurt like hell, and my finger is still dented lol, but my rings are now safely around my neck :) x

:yay:

I don't think mine are going to come off ... I have really big knuckles, and skinny fingers usually and its a struggle to get my rings on and off because of my knuckles.

Now I have fat fingers and fatter knuckles! Not a chance in hell are they coming off :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back