• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Switching to cot - advice pleeeez?

ISH

Reaction score
He's a big boy and he's going to outgrow his Moses basket any day now, so I suppose I'll be forced to put him in his cot.

I'd love to know what sort of bedding everyone uses and what you'd recommend? I've been looking at sleeping bags, but it's so difficult to choose!

Also, he seems to sleep much better on his side, and I'd like to continue to put him to bed on his side - would it work with a sleeping bag?

We put a fitted cot sheet on the matress, matalan jersey ones are really nice, soft and not expensive for lots of changes! Holly uses a sleeping bag. Got one in mothercare sale and also have a couple from morrisons that are really good. She sleeps in all sorts of positions and has been fine in a sleeping bag so far!

I have a sheet, one of these http://www.slumbersac.co.uk/ and a blanket to hand if he falls asleep without his bag on and I don't want to wake him.

I put the sheet from his Moses basket in at first too so it smelt the same.

Any sleeping bag recommendations, ladies? :hug: I've no idea which one to choose!

Any sleeping bag recommendations, ladies? :hug: I've no idea which one to choose!

I buy whichever are on offer lol! Supermarkets do reasonable ones! Have found mothercare expensive! Best one I bought was off eBay xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

We looked at loads. The grobag ones look great but cost a bomb. The mothercare one is good and we are really pleased with the ones from morrisons, they wash and tumble dry great. Check care labels cos not all makes can be tumble dried. We r using a 2.5 tog at the moment and will change to a 1 tog when it stays warmer at nights. Have a look on ebay

I have a few given to me as presents or hand me downs. Like the grobag Znd John Lewis ones best. Can usually get them from tk max plus worth getting next size on sales. I also prefer the ones with poppers on both sleeves rather than just one as you can then just leave it flat in cot and put straight into if lo falls asleep on your arms. Putting Moses basket in the cot for a few nights at least before transferring I think helps as they then get used to the cot around them.

We got our sleeping bags from Asda and a couple of Grobag's from TKMaxx.
Both were fab. x

I just got him a Dancing Bears SlumberSac, hope he likes it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back