• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swine flu jab?

SKR_Derby

Reaction score
Just been watching the news this morning and doctors are advising pregnant women to have swine flu jabs as they are classed as 'high risk'. What are your thoughts on this? Has anybody had one?

had it yesterday, a friend was really poorly with it just before she had her babay last year and spent a few weeks in isolation after baby was born, emergency section the lot. They said on news there is a new Mum fighting for her life too, no brainer for me! Get me dosed up!!

Stupid question but if you've had swine flu before can you get it again? :)

I've managed to get an appointment for 10.45 today. Rather be safe!

Stupid question but if you've had swine flu before can you get it again? :)

Mmm...not sure. I thought that each year, the flu virus is a slightly different strain...

That's what I thought. I had swine flu last year and probably would've got over it within a week or so but had a really bad reaction to the tamiflu and was ill for ages after taking it, with lots of new symptoms. So I'm a bit scared of anything to do with it now tbh!

I have just phoned my GP to ask if I should have it - they put me down for an advice call and doc phoned me back - and didn't know!!!! She has gone off to find out and will phone me later!!

But a local lady has swine flu - in the hospital where I will be giving birth!! This article says that my Health Board are advising people to get the vaccine.

http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow/Flu-victim-in-coma-after.6662194.jp

Why is my doctor hopeless?

Hey

I had it yesterday. Have a bit of a sore arm today but that seems to be it. I am hearing more horror stories about the women catching the flu than those having the vaccine so i would get it. It's an individual choice though.

I've been for mine this morning, and literally took 5 minutes! Midwife was saying it's highly recommended to have one. I haven't had any side effects (yet) and am now doing some last minute Xmas shopping with hubby and we're gonna go to nando's - I'm starving! Lots of walking followed by a spicy meal should help get baby out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back