Swimming

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Theo is even more distressed this week from swimming. I can't bear to see him like this. The teachers actually told me to leave the swimming pool half way through because he was so upset. I am never going again. Fuck the £66 I paid for the course. I can't bear to see him like this

Oh gosh! Sorry hun! I don't have any advice but I hope he's ok x

Oh Crikey. I wonder what's upsetting the little chap. Is the pool too cold or something?

Sorry you've not had a good experience :hug:

I can't believe they would ask you to leave though!

Oh dear, poor thing! Did something happen the first time to make him scared? Does he like baths? Ethan hated baths to start off with so we never took him swimming til he was 4 months+. Maybe u could ask them to delay his course til he's a bit older? X

Maybe try going just to a pool with your OH or someone else he knows? Might be a bit scary if it is echoey and full of strangers??
xxx

It's a small pool and there were only 5 of us today, so wasn't too noisy. It's a warm pool, but it was slightly cooler this week! But he screamed through the whole session last week and the teacher wouldn't dunk him because he was crying. This week he managed 10 mins and seemed to be enjoying it, but then just started wailing and after 5 mins of crying she told us to get out! I rang and left a message saying I didn't want to take him anymore so could I have a partial refund or delay it until he is older so we shall see. It took me half an hour to settle him and he was just so upset, I can't stand seeing him like that. I know I shouldn't just stop taking him if he doesn't enjoy it but I thought maybe I could stop for a few months then take him back when he is older. It's too traumatic for both of us :(

Omg the poor little thing! It's difficult to tell if he's crying I know but are his eyes red? I really do wonder if it's the chlorine, not that he's scared of the water or anything. When it's hot next do you have an outdoor pool near you?

It's annoying that you've paid the money for nothing, but apart from that I don't think it's a big deal to stop and try again at a later stage. I don't think baby swimming is in any way essential for babies at all, it's just something fun to do with them if they enjoy it. I went with my oldest daughter from when she was tiny and she developed into a mediocre (but good enough) swimmer, then didn't take my son swimming until he was 1 and he is the one who turned out to be brilliant at it and really loving it. I really don't think you're depriving your baby of anything important if you don't take him swimming, so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Aww hun how awful for you, I think the teacher was rather insensitive to ask you to leave like that though. I hope they give you some of your money back and maybe you and OH could take him together just to get him used to the water? Much cheaper then once he seems happier enrols on a new course?

I asked my HV about water babies course - she said to take Isla ourselves first then enrols when she's a bit older. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back