Swimming

fayebalina

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just wanted some advice on swimming. Ashtyn is now 14 weeks and I want to start taking him. When did you all take yours and did they go under the water? Is a normal swimming pool ok? And if anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated :D

i took kacy swimming after her first set of jabs, and swimming pool is fine, if you are worried you can ring up your lesiure centre and they will tell you when they baby and parent swimming on.

Summary: Swimming pools are attended by a lot of people worldwide, to swim or to relax. However, the chlorinated atmosphere of swimming pools may be responsible for health problems. Indeed, the majority of swimming pools are disinfected by chlorine based products -leading to the formation of potentially toxic derivatives- and studies have recently drawn attention to health risks linked to the attendance of swimming pools. It has been suggested among other things that the increasing and earlier exposure of children to swimming pools chlorination by-products could, in association with other factors, be implicated in the increasing incidence of asthma and allergies. For the moment, prevention measures should be taken to decrease the risk linked to the exposure to these derivatives (reduction in their formation or in their accumulation at least).

This is what i was told when i met up for lunch with some biology teachers, colleagues of my mothers, when i went back to france. it is REALLY serious! i don't believe in all scientific research (ex: smokers babies being less intelligent -what a laugh!!!!) but this is a huge deal in france at the mo and is coming over to britain.
they recommend you only take baby to swimming pools from 6months on

hope i havent freaked you... xx

I've taken Ella 4 times - yesterday she was like a little monkey in there! I don't bother with swimwear or floats, just a swim nappy and we're fine :)

smokers babies being less intelligent
Smokers babies as in ones that are born to mothers who continue smoking whilst pregnant, or ones that have parents that smoke (but don't let their children inhale 2nd hand smoke?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back