Swimming

I don't think there is a set age as it doesn't matter anymore if they've had their jabs, its more to do with pool temp now, it has to be 30 degrees or 32 if your baby is under 12 wks xx

Any age :) we took o at 8 weeks :) now at 20 weeks he is doing water babies

Sam does water babies (started last week) and he loves it. You can buy little wrap vests that help keep them warm and give you better grip of them (they sell them on waterbabies.co.uk) x

yeah i was told it doesnt matter when you take them anymore!i would prob choose to wait til 12 weeks though.

im too scared to take max swimming but i really want to.... do you just sit with them in the baby pool and splash about or what? that prob sounds like a stupid question lol and how about nappies in the water etc?

Hi Hun at water babies they wear a swim nappy (huggies and tesco make small ones ) they then wear a happy nappy over the top (check out there website)
Sam also wears a wrap so I have better grip and he stays warm.
In the lessons we get the used to water in the face (we have commands so they know what's coming) play bounce bounce, swish them around from side to side. They also have a swim position with our hands under their chest. Sam hates this one though. We float them on their back too so there is a lot they do ooh as well as the big dunking under water.

I'd def recommend, also baby should only be in pool for 30min

X

Taken Alice since 4 weeks she loved it, i looked up NHS advice first and they say any age :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back