Swimming....

Jaxx01

Reaction score
Ladies,

When did you first take your LO swimming? xx

I asked hv and she said whenever u want lol I am taking o next week at 6 weeks

Yeah the lady who did the jabs said its fine whenever I just worry he's gonna get too cold lol or that he'll hate it so much he'll scream the place down hahah xx

My HV told me it was safe to take after their 8 week jabs xx

Most swimming pools have the 6 week rule, Grace started swimming lessons 3 weeks ago & loves it :)

We took Freya last week at 19 weeks! Probably later than others but we were on a waiting list for lessons! Aqua tots it's fab! She absolutely loved it too!

Can't wait to take her this week x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I took Charlie last week, he did like it but it was colder than his baths so he started getting niggly after 15 mins which was plenty of time anyway. If you can take someone with you just to help when you're getting changed, I was on my own it was a bit of a disaster! Also, try and use the stuff they have there like floats to see if they pike them if you're planning on buying a ring etc, as I was gonna get a ring and tried the one they had at the pool and he hated it! Saved me 15 quid though :D hope it goes well when you do take your Lo :) x

See I was thinking of getting one of those seats but they don't have any ones at the pool I go to only armbands!! :-( I'm going with my mum as Alfie is excited to see Stanleys first time...I'm more nervous of him screaming than I am excited lol xx

Well cause Charlie can't sit up properly he just sort of lay back on it I think that's what he didnt like, plus the ring was in between is and he seemed quite far away from me iykwim x

NHS website says whenever you want--- they used to say after six week jabs but that was when polo was a problem apparently its safe now from birth although some pools have a certain age x

Those who have taken them did you not worry it was too cold for them? :-( I'm prob worrying about nothing but I don't want him getting cold bless him x

think the water is supposed to be warmer than a normal pool, thats why the water babies type classes use hydrotherapy pools etc. We went at 12 weeks cos of when lessons started and Holly loves it, goes underwater which is amazing. She's got eczema though so can't go now till it's under control again. You can get baby wetsuits that keep them warm in pools.

We go to a little therapeutic pool so it's lovey and warm, haven't braved the public pool yet but it is supposed to be warmer than big pool

Well its safe to say Stanley hated it lol he screamed the whole time!! Hahah xx

Awww no :( well I thought the pool was pretty cold but that's cpmqred to his baths, which are usually around 36 degrees. The poop was 31 :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back