taking LO swimming

annem said:
when did you first take your LO swimming?

5 1/2 weeks - she loved it.

annem said:
also my mum brought these
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

but i can't take her swimming in them!! how do i get around this one?!!

Why not? That's what its for! If you are worried about leaks (but the above should deal with any pee or poo and not let it escape), you can get Huggies Little Swimmer nappies (which are a disposable swim nappy) from Boots, Tesco, Asda etc and wear it underneath the swim nappy above. Don't let the size of the small size Huggies Little Swimmers bother you (start at 16lbs) - we took DD when she was about 10lbs something and the small size of Huggies Little Swimmers (16lbs-26lbs fitted okay - bit big, but did the job).

Enjoy, its great fun!

Valentine Xxx

I first took Thea at about 10 weeks and the swim nappy you linked to is exactly the one we used! Its fine on its own but if you are worried then stick a disposable swim nappy underneath it.

huggies now do an xs size i just got some to take leland they fit up to 13lb :D

I took him at 5 weeks, with one of those swim nappies and a baby wetsuit thing on top to keep him warm. He did his first poo in 3 days after about 10 minutes in the pool, which came out of the legs because I thought it was just a fart and didn't get him out quick enough. I wouldn't worry about it even if she does leak.. the pool I was at had to close while they cleaned it, but who cares - we had fun :p

I just took Clark yesterday for the first time, he wore a swim nappy like that one (but blue obviously) and a little wetsuit also from mothercare. He loved it so much, by the end we were even putting his face under and he thought it was hilarious!

We took LO swimming from 3 months old, we'd not taken him any sooner as time and other committments etc. He loved it. He's now 7 months old and just finshed the foundation swimming classes with Little Dipers www.littledippers.co.uk he loves his swimming lessons and is getting really confident in the water.

As per swimming club rules all babies have to be in a swim nappy (we use Huggies Little Swimmers) and then double wrapped with something to stop leaks....we have a happy nappy/wrap to go over the huggies, http://www.splashabout.net/catalog.php? ... ry=4&id=80 which is something more and more swim schools are insisting upon.

thanks everyone, thats really helpful. Its just when she has a poo she really goes for it!!

We have him in a disposable swim nappy, Huggies I think, and a wetsuit.

Charlotte and I went swimming at about 6 months and have just finished our first course, starting next lot soon. Another little one in our group was 7 weeks when he started, and the teachers new little one started at two weeks. There is no age restriictions on when they start its more your confidence in what they can do. The classes we went to helped me to do more with charlotte than I thought she would have been able to. For instance in our first session she went fully under the water and loved it.
We go with www.waterbabies.co.uk They can provide (at a price) happy nappies which you can wear a huggies little swimmer underneath. I would recommend swimming with your LO, its really great.

awww..i wanna go swimming but i am too paranoid to go.. :oops:
i really must get over it, i know i must do it for Glenn but i really am paranoid, has anyone got a really good cozzy? one that holds it all in? reccomendations please ladies.. :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back