Swimming lessons/water confidence sessions?

charliebear

Reaction score
Does your LO go to either? Would you recommend? What sort of activities are involved?

Myself and AJ are booked in for a 6 week water confidence course. I'm quite excited, we start on Monday.
I'd also like to look into swimming classes/lessons for him on a more permanant basis.

AJ likes the water but he could do with a bit more confidence. He's been going to the local pool since about 10 weeks.

Mine don't mainly because I can't swim (bad mummy :blush: ), something I hope to sort soon!

I'd imagine little ones love it :)

I'm not a very confident swimmer (but I swim better now than I did :D) and I really want AJ to swim with confidence.

All the older kids learnt when they got older but I'd really love to bring the little ones :)

Little encouragement, i was very proud as my hubby went and learnt to swim at the end of last year, begin of this year.

He is so please I gave him a big push as he so enjoys swimming, it helped his back, and also had so much fun with his niece and nephews taking them swimming, which he wouldn't have done in the passed as he wasn't confident enough in the water. He will be chief swimmer parent with the baby and plans to go as soon as possible and baby swimming classes too.

I am so proud of him for doing it, as it was a very hard thing for a man of 32 to go and learn to swim, but he did it and wish he had years ago.

my nephew has been having lessions since he was i think 2 month old. He is now a year and still goes once a week. He sits on the edge and dive in and take a few swim movements in to my sisters arms :love: He loves it!

getting them to splash and kick and not to worry about water in their faces is a start. Let them poor water over you first and they will soon follow and laugh it off if he gets water in his face and he will know there is nothing to be frightened about. The next step is to get them blowing bubbles in the water - so they just out their chin and mouth in and blow - then ask them if they can put their face in - you will have to lead by example - but once they can put their faces in themselves they will be off!
Mine also all had floating swimming costumes and could all float with arm bands unaided at 9 months - this gives them the confidence to be independent in the pool x

Thank you.
AJ can float with his arm bands and also swim :)lol: sort of) in the water, he mainly goes within arms reach or in circles :D Some days he'll cling on others he'll want to be doing his own thing.
We do splashing, making it into a game and jumping with mammy and he has been under (by accident) a couple of times.

I'm nervous of him being in the small pool incase he falls as there is a step all the way around the pool so I dont let him wander too far and prefer the big pool. I think my worry is justified as he fell when walking next to OH and smacked the back of his head on the tiles at the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back