Swimming classes for babies

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Or 'water confidence classes' as they are also known. What are peoples views on them. We go to a class and she isnt really enjoying it. She isnt scared of the water, far from it but she wants to play on the steps which is okay till the instructor wants us to participate. So what should be an enjoyable experience is getting quite tense. She was fine before hand and I would say that she has become less confident since we took up the classes. 4 down, 4 to go and I would quite happily not go back to the classes but definately to the pool.
Any comments??
Laura.

I would love to take Jamie swimming but i dont know how he would react!!! i have this vision of us getting into the pool and him screaming the place down!!!!! However hes only 5 months old so im gona wait until hes older!

Thinks its a great idea thou!

If she enjoys taking it at her own pace and isn't scared I would just cancel the classes for now and let her have a good time swimming with you.

The last thing you need is for these classes to get more tense for her and for her to start going off the idea of swimming altogether.

That's what I think anyway, maybe other people will have a better idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back