Sweetest thing EVER

LucyBee

Reaction score
My Mum told me about this.

Basically, in 1969, two friends, John Rendall and Ace Berg, purchased a lion. At the time, Christian the lion was a 35-pound cub. He was born in a zoo. The friends raised Christian in their London home. All three hung out in a friend's furniture shop on the weekends.

Within a year, Christian had grown to 185 lbs. Rendall and Berg realized they couldn't keep him much longer but they didn't know what to do with him. A chance encounter changed that. Two actors from the film Born Free walked into the furniture store.

Rendall and Berg flew with Christian to Nairobi, Kenya, where they met up with a conservationist George Adamson, who helped the lion settle into living an independent life (and integrating into a pride with other lions) in Kenya's Kora Reserve.

In 1974, Rendall and Berg decided to visit Christian one last time. He was now a wild animal. They were told that it was doubtful that Christian could be found. No one had seen him in nine months.

The two flew to Kenya, anyway. On the day they arrived, Christian appeared outside their camp. Somehow, he knew. He waited outside the camp until Rendall and Berg arrived.

This video was taken during their reunion with Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&re ... or2=d3d3d3

=

Oh yes! I saw that on Richard & Judy a week or so ago. I thought it was amazing!

will it make me cry - am emotional today. just going to watch it

beanie said:
will it make me cry - am emotional today. just going to watch it

It will TOTALLY make you cry.

It made me bawl my eyes out, its so so sweet :hug:

I am sobbing here, look a right state. I usually hate that song but it fitted perfectly.

my god....actually tears RUNNING DOWN MY FACE whilst smiling like a loon.... :rotfl:

I just can't watch it yet I'm gonna wait til Kev isn't around :oops: :rotfl:

:D Made me Teary too!

:( My mum's cat isn't that nice to me.... :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic