Sweep tomorrow......

Smithy1980

Reaction score
.....hey ladies, I've got mw coming tomorrow to do a sweep and I'm not really sure what to expect?

I'm just wondering everyone else's experience? Did it hurt? Did u bleed? And most importantly did it actually work?

Thanks ladies, I'm scared lol x

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

It doesn't hurt. I had a few with my first pregnancy. Just made me have a 'show' everytime I went to the toilet. Didn't work for me! The second pregnancy, it also didn't work.

It will only take a couple of minutes, sometimes you can spot a little after!

Good luck xx

A sweep????? :shock: she doesn't dress up as Dick Van Dyke and grab a big brush does she????? what the heck does that entail?

Thanks Stacey....a few people have said it doesn't work or hasnt worked for them so I'm wondering why they bother lol? Fingers crossed! Thank you :) xx

A sweep????? :shock: she doesn't dress up as Dick Van Dyke and grab a big brush does she????? what the heck does that entail?

Lol! It's where the midwife does a membrane sweep to separate waters from cervix or something like that? Hmmmmm not convinced!!! And a little scared!!

Plus we have builders in the back garden.....best make sure curtains are well drawn!! Lol :)

Hahahaha that would give them something to talk about over a cuppa lmao xxxxxxxx

Good luck hun. Dont be nervous, it doesnt hurt its just slightly uncomfortable and hopefully you will have your lo really soon x

Yeah good luck hun and hope it works xxxxxxxxx

Goodluck hunny, hope it starts things off for you x x

Hahahaha that would give them something to talk about over a cuppa lmao xxxxxxxx

They should give us a discount on the work lmao :)

Thanks ladies.....if I'm worried about the sweep, god help me when labour kicks in :)

Xxx

Thank you! Still waiting for mw to call and confirm a time! Id be ok if I knew what time....it's un-nerving just sat waiting! Grrrrr! xx

I had a sweep on my due date and it didnt work but it is meant 2 put 50% of women who have it done in to labour within 48 hours after so the stats are good. I also had a sweep when i was in early labour and it made me go from 2cm to 9 and a half in 3o mins!!!!! hope it works for you. the more active you keep afterwards the more chance of it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back