Sweep today!

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
Hey everyone! its my due date today My midwife is coming round to my house in the next few hours to do a sweep. Anyone have any experience of this. Is it really sore? Did you go into labour after it?

(there doing a sweep today cos its bankholiday monday this week and then im away (out of liverpool) til next saturday)

cheers.

I had one with Nathan and it is quite sore but only takes a few seconds. It worked for me so it was worth it. My waters broke the next day and he was born 48 hours after having the sweep. Good luck!

I had one, but it didnt do anything for me :(

It isnt too sore... just uncomfortable

:hug:

i had one after my waters had broke but i wasnt having contractions yet. i found it really painful, but i started having contractions a few hours later.

hope it works for you hun xx

i had one after my waters had gone and i had been having mild contractions.

it wasnt the most comfortable or dignified experience... But then again u lose all ur diginity during labour....

it intensified things up for me and i was having full blown contractions shortly afterwards
but it still took another 36 hours for lil lady to arrive haha..

from what ive read on sweeps its pretty much 50/50 if ur body is ready it will help it along... if its not it will do chuff all

I had one and it was definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be, bit horrid to begin with but once she is there it is fone. I went into labour the same day and had him the following morning. I was convinced they didn't work but obviously they do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back