• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

swaddling wrap

Xena

Reaction score
I've used gro-bags for my two when they were little, but never tried proper swaddling where the arms are wrapped up. So just wondering what people's experiences are of swaddling. Does it calm and comfort the baby better than just a grow bag? Help them sleep? And recommendations as to a good swaddling wrap?

Xena said:
I've used gro-bags for my two when they were little, but never tried proper swaddling where the arms are wrapped up. So just wondering what people's experiences are of swaddling. Does it calm and comfort the baby better than just a grow bag? Help them sleep? And recommendations as to a good swaddling wrap?

I used to swaddle Seren in a bog standard cellular balnket (midwife told me these were the best ones to use as they had the holes in...I foget the exact reason as I had only really given birth lol). It settled Seren until she decided she liked her arms being out. I never used grobags till she was a few months old.

I used this for my 3rd child and it was amazing. The minute she was wrapped in it, she new it was bedtime and she went straight to sleep. I didn't have to worry about her being too hot or cold. It was also great for breast feeding as her arms didn't get in the way. I am TTC for my 4th and fully intend to use it again. :D

http://www.thatcuteage.com/7-Sleeping/c ... addle-Wrap

I've swaddled all 4 of mine, i found they did not sleep as well without.

thanks ladies

spaceangel cheers for the link :)

The first few nights with Finlay, we used a grobag and none of us got any sleep! Someone suggested swaddling and we have never looked back - he slept straight away! He loves to be wrapped up - we were using one of my nan's handknitted blankets but I have just bought one of those blankets from the link spaceangel provided as they look safer xx

With my first 3, especially my first Joseph, I swaddled them as they wouldn't settle without being swaddled for the first few weeks! I just used the cellular blankets and was fine with them! :D

With Lola I decided to be posh (lol) and get a proper swaddling blanket and I used it twice! :roll: She wasn't so keen on being swaddled lol!

We swaddled until about 2 months. He slept noticeably better when he was swaddled. We used a blanket called SwaddleMe but a friend sent it over from the U.S., not sure if you can get it here. When he was 2 months old we moved him to a baby sleeping bag.

Swaddling really settled Es when she was tiny, she would sleep more soundly swaddled. We would deffo not have had as easy first few weeks without it. We used a cellular blanket or a hand knitted blanket that my Aunt knitted, they worked fine. The only reason we dont now is that I like her to be able to play with her hands and occupy herself before getting up in the morning, gives me a few more stolen minutes sleep which I always need :sleep:

I don't 'think' anyone has posted this, sorry if they have! But my mum bought us grobag swaddling blanket. It was really good as it was so thin - you can use it up to 24 degrees I think.

http://www.bumpto3.com/category.aspx?DISPLAYCAT=sleep&CAT=Products&CATGRY=swaddling

We had the jungle one, in fact I've prob got a pic.
n826445120_2889673_5779.jpg

Its the only way she would sleep for ages. :hug:

Heya, Flo never went for the swaddling, gave it a go but she used to get frustrated about not being able to starfish ! They sound great but she was just a fidget from the word go lol

so I guess the general consensus is that most babies like it, but the occasional few don't.

I'll give it a go with this one. Thanks laracomps and spaceangel for the links. :hug:

beanie said:
I used to swaddle Seren in a bog standard cellular balnket (midwife told me these were the best ones to use as they had the holes in...I foget the exact reason as I had only really given birth lol). It settled Seren until she decided she liked her arms being out. I never used grobags till she was a few months old.

Ditto! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back