Suspecting croup?

Sleep..whats that again?? Last night was shocking, ended up co-sleeping with a wriggling unsettled Rosie, no sleep for me..just hoping that she is better today and tonight I get a nice 8 hours :)

I posted something about croup this morning, only just found this thread.

Is Rosie better now? I think Evie has it, she has a terrible cough, mostly at night and does sound 'barky', she was up from midnight until 2.30am coughing.

I'm going to take her to the Drs in the morning I think, doesn't help that her room is so hot at the moment :(

Thanks for asking! Rosie developed a chest infection secondary to the Croup, I took her back to the doctor on Wednesday and he listened to her chest, she has never had a cough or chest infection before so I knew that she needed anti-biotics.

I would say she has lost a fair bit of weight from not eating but she has drunk plenty of water. I suspected that was due to a very sore throat. The croupy cough is unmistakeable, she sounded like a seal :(

This period of illness has unsettled her sleeping terribly, she is finding it difficult to go to sleep on her own and wakes up at 4.45-5am every morning since she got ill. I am buggered!

I hope Evie gets better quickly, being unwell in this heat must be terrible for little ones. We have an upright fan outside Rosie's room and she is sleeping in a vest and shorts with nothing over her.

Oh poor little thing! And you! I've only had the one night of it so far but I think I'm in for a few more, she is still awake at the moment because she is so hot and cranky.

When Rosie coughed did it sound 'barky' or 'seal like' all the time? Evie's sounds normal at times but then she'll have a few that sound very weird, almost high pitched?

Sorry for all the Q's, I've no experience of croup and it's better so ask a Mum that rely on a book :)

Hope Rosie gets back to normal soon xx

It started off like a bark, then as it progresses it takes on an unmistakeable noise. It has been really awful for Rosie but she is coming out the other side ok I think. Good luck, speedy get well wishes to Evie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back