Coughing?

PippaJ

Reaction score
Evie woke up at around midnight coughing quite badly and wasn't able to stop for hrs. It wasn't a constant cough, she would cough a few times and stop then 10 secs or so later cough again. A few times it sounded a little 'barky' but not all the time and she was fine in herself otherwise (no fever or cold symptoms).

I've read that croup can come on quickly and be caused by a temp change in a room, does anybody know if heat can cause it? Or can heat make LO's cough?

Also should I get her checked out today by a Dr? I'm not sure whether I'm worried about nothing as she is fine in herself but last night she was coughing so much I'm not sure I should ignore it? Can they just cough for no reason?

Sorry for all the Q's, I've not much experience of this or whether croup is serious in a 15 month old if it's that?

Evie woke up at around midnight coughing quite badly and wasn't able to stop for hrs. It wasn't a constant cough, she would cough a few times and stop then 10 secs or so later cough again. A few times it sounded a little 'barky' but not all the time and she was fine in herself otherwise (no fever or cold symptoms).

I've read that croup can come on quickly and be caused by a temp change in a room, does anybody know if heat can cause it? Or can heat make LO's cough?

Also should I get her checked out today by a Dr? I'm not sure whether I'm worried about nothing as she is fine in herself but last night she was coughing so much I'm not sure I should ignore it? Can they just cough for no reason?

Sorry for all the Q's, I've not much experience of this or whether croup is serious in a 15 month old if it's that?

Hi PippaJ, my son had croup last year and it just came on! He went to bed normal, was fine all through the day and woke up with a terrible barking cough :( I know it's a late reply and I hope she is better now but I took my son to A+E and after a dose of steroids he was back to his usual bouncy self xx

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what it was but I don't think it's croup now as she hasn't coughed like it since, and last night she slept through once she had settled and didn't cough at all.

I had a fan in her room so I'm thinking maybe the air was a little dry and it caused her to cough a lot, last night she slept downstairs without it so maybe that caused it?

It was very strange and did sound almost like a bark. I'll keep an eye on her again tonight and if she starts again I'll take her to be checked out.

Thanks again xx

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what it was but I don't think it's croup now as she hasn't coughed like it since, and last night she slept through once she had settled and didn't cough at all.

I had a fan in her room so I'm thinking maybe the air was a little dry and it caused her to cough a lot, last night she slept downstairs without it so maybe that caused it?

It was very strange and did sound almost like a bark. I'll keep an eye on her again tonight and if she starts again I'll take her to be checked out.

Thanks again xx

No problem, glad she slept through for you! xx

I would just keep an eye hun. Liek you said it could be a number of reasons. If your still concerned that I would get her checked over
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back