Sure start maternity grant?

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's just those out if work etc that can claim for this? My friend said that u can claim up to 3 months after Uve had the baby & if ur on a low income u will get it? Surely 120 per week stat mat pay is a low income when you've got a new baby? Other people saidvtgey think u have 2 b on benefits to qualify tho?x

I think you have to be on income support or tax credits. Have you looked at the direct.gov website. I don't have the full link, I'm on my phone but you could do a search on Google.
X

I think you do have to get benefits hun but as pinky said have a google and i am sure you will find out x

Thanks ladies! It does say tax credits but wouldn't we be eligible for them anyway when bubs is here? I just don't get it?x

Thanks ladies! It does say tax credits but wouldn't we be eligible for them anyway when bubs is here? I just don't get it?x

yea most people are.....just means u have to wait for bbe to be here.... my OH is on income based jobseekers and they declined him.,... we've appealed.

i am in totally the same question as you, i basically am going to go get a form, fill it out and send it and see if i qualify! lol i have just applied for tax credits so am gonna try my luck. may as well! im not on any other benefits. x

Yep go for it girls, you're genuine and if entitled I don't see why you shouldn't apply! X

We don't get any benefits currently either, it annoys me that the government don't give anything to thoeebof us who work (or desperately want to) & we've always paid our taxes! At a time when we are totally struggling :( anyone know if u can apply for tax credits before bubs is born?x

Thoeboff? Damn phone lol those of I meant!

Vicxzy, you can apply for working tax credits any time

I was told i could claim tax credits from 11 weeks before my due date x

To get Working Tax Credit, you or your partner must work at least a certain number of hours a week:

if you are responsible for a child or you get disability benefit, you must work at least 16 hours and be over 16

if you are over 50, and you were getting certain benefits when you took your job, you must work at least 16 hours a week

otherwise, you must be 25 or over and work at least 30 hours a week.

i work and get working tax credits so i dnt think im allowed the grant but im going to fill it in anyway.... Im not on a high income so dnt see why i shouldnt get it just because im trying to work and earn more money Things like this gets on my nerves haha

Nothing against ppl who dnt work as i beleive its each 2 their own and live how u like but when my son started school all the parents who didnt work got vouchers for school clothes,dinners and milk then there i am because i work 16 hours have to pay the lot.I do not grudge my son anything at all and try my best to provide what he needs within limits ofcourse but 2 of my friends who have jst givin birth were given grant after grant to help set up for their babys coming and i dnt think its fair tht ppl choose to work to try and better themselfes and their familys life should loose out on the bonus. Id be better off not working half the time....

Ok rant over lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back