Sure Start Mat Grant - some Info

(*)FebBaby(*)

Reaction score
Just wanted everyone to know that everyone should be able to get the sure start maternity grant - as long as you apply at the right time.

If you or your partner aren't on income support then you shouldn't apply before the baby is born as your claim will not be accepted.

But if after the baby is born, your family income is less than £45,000 a year then you will qualify as you only need to get about £1000 child tax credits.

My midwife told me that she knows of no-one who would not qualify but if you apply before the baby is born and dont get accepted then you cant reclaim :)

Just thought this might help

We applied after Chloe was born and are entitled to £1091 tax credits coz earn £26k between us....but still got refused the maternity grant....the government are awful sometimes :roll: :cry:

Laura xx

Thanks for that- it is my job the next few days to see just what exactly we can try and claim

I have applied and been refused but it doesnt say that we cant apply again for it on the letter so plan to apply again after baby is born? Who told u that u can only apply once?

im on jobseekers allowance so i should get accepted shouldnt i? I will be changing over to income support in 3 weeks but i put on the form i was on jobseekers as when i send it off i will be just changing over?

(*)FebBaby(*) said:
Just wanted everyone to know that everyone should be able to get the sure start maternity grant - as long as you apply at the right time.

If you or your partner aren't on income support then you shouldn't apply before the baby is born as your claim will not be accepted.
But if after the baby is born, your family income is less than £45,000 a year then you will qualify as you only need to get about £1000 child tax credits.

My midwife told me that she knows of no-one who would not qualify but if you apply before the baby is born and dont get accepted then you cant reclaim :)

Just thought this might help

we don't get income support or any other benefits except tax credits and we got our SS Maternity Grant within the week :? (I applied when I was 29 weeks preg)

with my 1st baby i claimed after she was born my hubby was only earnin 15,000 and we had no tax credits and they refused me :|

we get woing tax credit and child tax credit, and both total 6k a year? i think. so fingers crossed i will get it, just waiting for a reply now :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back