Sure Start Maternity Grant

Jaidy

Reaction score
Have been talking about this grant with Wanabamum in the 2nd trimester and wanted to see if any one else knows much about it.

I was under the impression that you can ONLY get Sure Start Grant if you receive Income Support or other related benefits such as Jobseekers Allowance etc?

Wanabamum has told me she thinks you can get it if you have been working for 25 weeks after you fell pregnant and if your also claiming Maternity Allowance.

I WILL be claiming Maternity Allowance but didnt think I could get Sure Start as we are not on any benefits??

Can some one clear this up for me, I dont think im entitled, all the websites say you have to be on benefits but if this isnt the case id obviously like to apply.

Thanks ladies!!

If you get maternity allowance you will probably also be entitled to Child Tax credit, (you can claim for that stright away once the baby is born. )
If you are entitled to £548+ a year (tax credit, you will get the grant.

not sure if you are immediatley entitled to it cos of the maternity allowance..I didn't get that but still got the grant....edit...no.. I checked you don't.

You'll need to claim child tax credit and get the grant that way.

go to www.entitledto.org and work out if you'll get Child Tax Credit after the baby is born. Just fill it out as though you've had the baby already.

Hope that helps!

Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element or

What does this mean? We didn't get the grant for Ella, when we went to talk to someone they said that as Matt earnt more than £13k we basically wouldn't be entitled to anything. On that website it says that we could have got the grant (but obviously too late to apply for it now!).

Don't make these things easy do they :roll:

Afaik you have to be getting income support to get the grant. Thats what it said when i looked it up

i got the grant wi chloe after she was born :roll: i had 2 w8 4 my tax credits claim 2 go thro!!!

jade just get a form fill it in send it off and ee what happens :wall:
they make things so fooking complecated. Give the tossers some paper work to do.

good luck :hug:

Kina said:
Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element or

What does this mean?

It means if you get more than £548 a year tax credits you can get the grant.

Why they don't just say that is beyond me though.

Here's the helpline number if anyone needs it.

01908 557287

That's why i get it cause i get more than £548 a year child tax credit,if it's your first baby though you wont be able to claim child tax credit till after the baby is born so will have to apply for your grant then too :roll: ,bit of a pain really when you need it to buy things ready for the baby xx

So the best thing I can do is apply for the Grant when I have started receiving the child tax credits or apply for it WHILST im applying for the child tax credits??

We couldnt claim the grant before Damien was born, but we got the higher rate of tax credits when he was born so could claim it then. Bit late but it was nice to treat him and us after the birth. We'll get it this time too as Damien gets the hghest rate because of his 'disability living allowance for his breathing. Much handier before the birth!!

I'll give you a hand on MSN to see if you can get it before/after birth xx

So we could have got it with Ella then :wall:

Does that mean I can get it after having this baby as my tax credits will be going up?

Kina said:
So we could have got it with Ella then :wall:

Does that mean I can get it after having this baby as my tax credits will be going up?

Yep :)

I Dont get it, Im confused.

I tried to fill in the form on entitled to but the works PC keeps freezing and I screamed at it then got funny looks of people (also not good swearing in a busy office lol)

If I tell someone my details will they check it out for me on a PC that works?

What do you need to know?

i dont think its safe to give ur personal info to any and anyone..

its best to go to ur jobcentre... or call them

good luck

ebony_preggy said:
i dont think its safe to give ur personal info to any and anyone..

its best to go to ur jobcentre... or call them

good luck

By personal info I only ment the income of myself and my partner mate, not like our names or bank details or anything, from what I remember when I looked on the entitled to website a year or so ago it was an annomoys thing so you only really needed the wage incomes.

No one can do anything with that info, i could be completley making it up or anything lol............Im on £125k a month.............I wish ha ha

ok... u can only get it if u collect income support ect.. or u on a low income

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back