has anyone claimed MAT allowance AND the sure start grant?

jodie_honey

Reaction score
im just wondering if u are entitled to the mat allowance off the goverment are u entitled to the sure start grant of £500 aswell?

Hi

I did with my somn 2 years ago.

Give it a go, you've got nothin to lose, everything to gain

thanx ladies, im gonna give it ago, lik eu sed nuthin to lose and money to gain. thanx xx

Hi,
I got both, I dont see why you cant :think: because Sure Start is a one off payment and MA is based on the amount of weeks you have worked in a set preiod of time...

It depends on your circumstances, getting one doesn't automatically mean you get the other one, but many people do.
For example, my OH earns too much for us to get enough CTC for the grant, but I may have to get MA cos I don't earn much with my employer. (and they have messed up my SMP claim big time so I may have no choice)

aww thanx ladies, well i got signed off from work sick when i was 10 weeks preg and it was for an agency and even thoi had worked continuously for 17 months they still finished me for goin off sick so ive been on incapacity benefit since then which is gonna change to MA on 17th december so im just hopin i can get the SS grant aswell. fingers crossed x

I got it too, only because we have the higher element child tax credit. Only took a week too ;) unlike the sodding MA xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back