holiday sleeping arrangements - help please!

leckershell

Reaction score
Need a bit of advice really.

Bit stupid of us not to think about it at the time but we're going on a Sun Holiday for Easter week (24th onwards) and we'll be in either a caravan or a chalet, we won't know until we get there. Either way it's a double and a twin room, the cheapest bog standard accomodation and we are taking our own bedding.

We have a bit of trouble now regarding Ryan.

As far I can see it we don't have many choices. It's not really practical to take the cot because we'd have to disassemble it, reassemble it and it would take up too much space in the car. He won't sleep in the travel cot as he thinks it's for play time - believe me I've tried.

Should we...

1. Co sleep and have him in with us, which would be ok but a bit limiting on my and OH not having any "us" time.

2. Take bed guard and put Ryan in one of the single beds with it.

3. Take the travel cot and be prepared for him not to sleep, and even then, which room would we put it in? If it was in the main living room area we wouldn't be able to watch TV or anything once he's "gone to sleep" if it happens.

4. Take the carrycot part of the travel system. He would sleep in it but wouldn't have much space.

At the moment I'm siding with the bed and bed guard. It just seems a bit weird. Admittedly we leave him on our bed during the day with a bed guard and that's a double, but... :? I could take his own bedding and mattress, would that make it safer?

Really don't know what to do for the best.

Maybe he will be ok in the travel cot as in a different environment he may not associate it with playtime. Could you try and get him to sleep in the travel cot a few times at home as a practice?

You could always take the travel cot and the bed guard, then you'll have the choice.

We'll take the travel cot anyway yes, he just doesn't settle in it at all. I went to my mums the weekend before last and there was a travel cot there for him and regardless of the fact he was already asleep when I put him in it, he woke up pretty much immediately and wandered around like playtime so I gave up and put him in the bed with me LOL

You should be able to rent a cot if they don't provide one for free :)

We went to centre parcs at xmas and there was already a cot in the villa because they knew we was taking a baby with us but Lola wouldn't sleep in it she just cried every time i put her in so we ended up co-sleeping :)

Have you tried the travel cot with bedding from his cot? I have done this whenever C has slept in a travel cot and she has been fine (she likes her sleep though so this might be completely irrelevant - i just think there must be smell that she associates with bedtime.

Are you going with British Holidays/Haven?? if so, they provide cot sides that fit onto the beds (well they attach to the fixings in the wall of the bedroom) we are Owners at Golden Sands and one of our rooms has the fixings on the wall, when we went last weekend we had Glenn in with us but we are going again for easter weekend and i am taking the travelcot. we are lucky as we can take out the beds and just put the cot in so he can get some sleep, you will have a great time! Ryan will love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back