Suggestions for wind.. maybe TMI

Beth88

Reaction score
Hey,

I have never ever suffered with wind before getting pregnant, it was never excessive or painful or anything.. But the last 10 days have been absolute hell.. i wouldnt mind if it was just wind and it came out etc that would be fine, but its SO damn painful.. it hurts so much.. It gives me period pains so bad :( i only get it at night for about 20 - 30 minutes and i actually believe i will die during this time, i usually just sit on the toilet with the pain rocking back and forth, it is so bad... its fine in the day, not a problem at all normally..

I have been "opening my bowls" as they say, not as often as i used to, but it is still happening a little bit.. I dunno, i just think i want this to go away because i really dread the night as i know im gonna be in pain for at least half hour between like 10pm and 2am.. so not nice :( is there anything i can take? like maybe a natural laxative or something would work?

Help muuuuuch appreciated..

try to avoid foods that make it worse but i drink fizzy water which helps shift it.

ive tried avoiding different foods/drinks ect but nothing seems to help :(

A hot (or warm when you're preggers) bath will help. I have had tummy probs on and off for years and when the pain is that bad I find the only thing to do is get in the bath, the warm water helps your muscles to stop cramping and helps the wind to pass.

Warm water bottle, and going on all fours with your bum in the air, wiggle your hips and if your OH is there get him to rub the bottom of your back.

That really helped me, I had it really bad with Olivia, I had it that bad I had pains in and around the bottom of my chest, it was awfull.

Another pregnancy experience :hug:

Ah it sjust so horrible.. i honestly feel lke i am going to die. I was up with it twice lastnight, not just the usual once!!! grrr!

You can take rennies they help, I suffered bad with trapped wind earlier on now its not very trapped at all and quite embarrasing :oops: :rotfl:

I have just started getting this in the last week or so, and its horrid!! Generally worse when I wake up, or if I eat too big a meal (like last night), and was then doubled over!

I have found sitting on the loo with a good book, and trying not to think of the pain helps a little.

I also find lying on my stomach helps release the gas :oops:

I sympathise completely!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling for you :hug:

I too have have started having wind issues lol this is my first pregnancy & don't have any friends that have had babies so when I read it on here it was like a relief as I thought it was just me lol

Mine is always as soon as I wake up and I try to move slowly to get to the bathroom but it never works and hubby just laughs as the house is quiet and all you can hear is me trumping away!

Does it disappear in time or is it here to stay for the next 7/8 months?

Well girls.. i can safely say i have not got ANY more pain :D:D :cheer: :cheer:

maybe it was only a thing for the first 2 weeks? i dunno? but now im fine! and im not doing anything differently! yaaay!

My pg OH has to drink sprite. It helps her nausea and helps her to bring the wind out. Different things for different ppl i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back