Suddenly really wet nappies at night, leaking their so heavy

mdsremos

Reaction score
I dont know what's suddenly going on with Charlie but his nappies are so heavy with peeing throughout the night that they are leaking and he wakes wet through! They weigh a tonne when I change him...somtimes after waking from 4-5 hours sleep.

We've not had this issue since he was a newborn and I am a little concerned. His drinks of juice have not increased and he seems okay otherwise, apart from teething like mad, and I have tried the normal babydry pampers we usually use for 12 hours protection (seem to be changing him after 4-5 hours, which is really not normal) and even the Huggies we have as well but all seem unable to cope with the amount of fluid he is producing.

Anyone else had this problem or any idea what could be causing it?

I have no idea but Ellie's leaked last night which is a first for me as well. Her grobag is in the washing machine as we speak. She woke last night at 2:45 for a feed which the previous 2 nights she went 12 hours. However this morning she has a cough and is very croaky. I was putting it down to her having a cold?

I go to a mother and baby/toddler group with Alfie twice a week and afew mums of the older boys have had this problem and one of the older boys advised them to go to the chemist and buy these like sanitry towel things, they are especially for babies but you have to ask for them as they dont stock them on shelves (how are you supposed to know they are there if the muppets dont put them out?) anyway any boots sell them and apparently they are really long so just tuck one end under it just sits in los nappy and helps absorb more, hope this is a help hun :hug:

I would never of thought something like that existed, thanks!! Will pop to boots at lunch time and see what they say.

Dior has always been like this, she goes to bed at 7pm with a fresh nappy then i have to go and change her at 1pm it is soaked through then at 4am i will change it and then when she wakes. what size nappies are you using? Harley is in size 4+ as the smaller sizes leaked to much? and Charlie and Harley are about the same weight.
i use pamper active fit too they are better and stay more dry for longer

We use size 4, Charlie currently weighs 23lb 1oz, and I find that he has a skinny bum so they dont fit very snug...the legs cuffs actually seem quite slack on the pampers although I do like the active fit for during the day. Huggies seem better on the leg cuff but the same thing happens whereby the nappy gets so full its fit to burst.
Will try boots at lunchtine to see what they stock.

Harley weighs 23lb but is the opposit he has huge legs and bum :lol:
Harleys wee is ok but it is his pooh that leaks alot.

does Charlie drink alot?
or sleep alot?

just when i spoke to the doc about Diors weeing alot they said its a main sign of diatbetes. drinking alot, tired alot, weeing alot, dry skin, and excessive weightgain or weight loss. Dior turned out to be fine and just thirsty alot.

if they dont have any in stock get some tena lady hun this is wat she used b4 they told her bout the pads :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back