soaking through nappies at night - help!

badgergirl

Reaction score
Sprog's a heavy wetter. We use reusables in the day with one double insert and a booster, and he usually is soaked in 2 hours.

On a night we use disposables, and all has been good.

In the last week, however, he has been soaked up his front in a morning, requiring new clothes, grobag, etc. He's also just started to sleep on his front. The middle and the back of the nappy are completely dry. His bits always point downwards.

He's in the right size, and this happens with boots super dry, pampers super dry and huggies.

Help?! My washing machine will thank you!

we had exaxtly the same problem with our son when we used pampers of huggies he soaked through the the best nappies i've found are tesco's (not the value nappies) they're own brand and they wer brilliant our son would wake up 2-3 times a night wanting a drink and he'd be wet in the morning but his nappy wouldn't be hanging off him :)

This happened a few times lately with Olivia (13 months). She is in size 4 nappies, which are the correct size for her weight, but my sister suggested that we use size 5 for night time. Since then, no soaking through! It's maybe worth trying the next size up, even if they do seem a bit big!

P.S. We use LIDL nappies and have found them the best by far (apart from lately, but then I don't think any nappy would hold 12 hours worth of wetness!)

I posted on this ages ago. the same thing was happening with theo, his sleepsuits were soaked through but has nappy was bone dry :think: i am sure he was taking his nappy off in the night,goiing for a pee and then putting it back on again. at the time i was using huggies and tried both pampers and huggies super dry ones! all totally useless. i changed him to the pampers active fit and we also gave him a bottle a little bit earlier before bed time and it seems to have done the job, also i found doing his nappy up tighter (then what you would in the day helped) as babies tummies shrink whilst the sleep at night and the nappy can end up gappy! since using pampers active fit, we havent had (too many) accident!
hope you find something that works. theo had always been a big wee'er we have to change him every 2hrs AT LEAST! (gets very expensive. haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back