Suddenly Nervous

Sarah7

Reaction score
So I have my 16 week midwife appointment in an hour and the only thing she told me at the booking in one was that they listen to the heartbeat, suddenly feel absolutely terrified she won't find one...

I was exactly the same before my 16 week appointment, but my MW found the heartbeat straight away.. I'm sure if your 12 week scan went okay, then finding the heartbeat won't be a problem :) I'm sure everything will be fine.. Good luck lovely! xx

Thank you :) 12 week scan was great so fingers crossed... Time has never gone so slowly!

heyy bump buddy :) good luck! do you have a doppler? im a massive worry wart and if I didnt have one I'd be a complete wreck all of the time! let us know how it goes. got mine next wednesday so I want details!! xxx

sure she will find it dont worry x

Just so you know, it can take a while to find a heartbeat and that's perfectly normal. It took my midwife nearly 10 mins to find my lo's as they kept moving away from the Doppler. She eventually found it though so don't panic :)

Thanks everyone, it went fine! So glad I was warned about it taking a while, I would have panicked otherwise, took a fair bit of time to find it but when she did it was amazing :D

kitty - no doppler.. i keep mentioning them to OH but he keeps sort of saying no. Not saying no but just not enthusiastically saying yes. I recorded the heartbeat on my phone so maybe after he hears it he'll be more keen. I think I'm going to need one to keep myself sane, I'm a worrier lol.
Good luck with yours next week! THey took my blood pressure, asked for a urine sample (but changed their mind, said to take one to my consultant appointment instead) and that was all. Very simple and straightforward.

xx

I've felt this before each scan and hearing the hb- completely natural too! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back