Such a shame labour is a feared thing

Awww flexi *hugs* it's nice to have positivity on the forum besides all our grumbling lol. I really excited for you for Wednesday :)

yep im 1 of those people that goes back for more haha

id too rather give birth than have toothache i hate toothache and headaches

I can't tell you what its going to be like, as i have NO idea lol...but you seem very ready and i know you will do great! I am really looking forward to your birth story, you will have to tell me what it all feels like so i know what i'm getting myself into :) Hope baby makes an appearance soon.xxx

Lol Shauna you watch I'll end up having a crap time and scare you! Lol! X

Love this thread. This is how i am feeling about labour then I keep telling myself Im delusional lol. Was good to read this :)

Am not just saying this my IBS cramps were worst than labour lol but I did have a straight forward birth xxx

I'm in hospital as we speak, with gallstones, and the doctors keep laughing when I say I'd take labour over these pains any day. I mean it! I've never experienced anything so painful, and can't wait to get my gallbladder removed.

Labour was painful for me because I was induced, so I didn't get my lovely active birth that I wanted. I laboured for 3 days, and needed gas and air for the last 36 hours of that, as well as morphine and eventually an epidural. But that was only because I ended up getting stuck at 6cm. I think if I'd progressed normally I'd have gotten away with just gas and air and the morphine, but I was exhausted.

The pain for me wasn't bad at all, even though it hurt I didn't mind it much. My contractions became too close together to get any relief though, so as long as you manage to get a break in between contractions the pain is totally manageable.

Mind over matter, with pain relief as backup. Don't be ashamed to ask for relief, there's no point making it more stressful than it has to be.

I'd have loved to have got my au naturale active/water birth, but it didn't go to plan and ended up with emergency c-section. I still have fond memories of my labour and I still tell people the worst part of my labour was getting the cannula in my wrist!!!

You'll be fine, you sound like you've got your head screwed on and have the right attitude towards labour. Don't listen to anyone who says it's unbearable, you'll have access to meds if you need them, and if you don't need them then just trust your body xx

I've had two natural deliveries and I can say that I would and hope to do it again! I found the 24/7 nausea and tiredness harder to cope with than actual labour and delivery to be honest!

with my daughter I had her with only 2 paracetamol as my pain relief - not even gas and air!

I dont think its the labour that's a feared thing I think if it's your first time (for anything) then its a fear of the 'unknown' I want more babies in the future & will look forward to my labour next time because you do worry & stress over how much is this gonna hurt while you're pregnant x

Just thought I would pop on in response to this as I wasn't scared of labour with my first, I thought all would be well. I had to be induced which kinda set things of and I ended up having a difficult and traumatic birth through no fault of the hospital or mine, it was just one of those things. On being due my second baby next March I know what to expect from a tough labour and delivery. I am worried for my next birth, but I have no choice but to trust the hospital. I know I am in for a tough one again and have been advised a hospital birth.

Part of me isn't thinking to much about it but part of me doesn't want to think to much about it as it is scarey but I cannot change things now. For those of you that deliver naturally with little trauma you are so so lucky...

Anyway hugs all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back