Is this Braxton Hicks or something else?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks I've been getting horrible tightenings, mainly in the lower part of my tummy... but I've read people say that braxton hicks is like period pain with your tummy going tight, and I wouldn't describe mine as period pain. In fact it feels like I've pulled all the muscles in my lower tummy (mainly around my bladder area) and it feels worse when I move.
It comes and goes, and tends to be worse at night. Last night the pain of it was enough to take my breath away when I rolled over.

So is this braxton hicks or something else? :(

I think its difficult when it comes to BH, as everyone is different.. See I don't get any pain, its only uncomfortable as its so tight! but I know MW told me that you can get pain or not have any at all!! Sorry I'm not much help! Xx

It could be a bit of stretching or the pressure of the growing baby and the way it is lying contributing to it. Have you been checked for a UTI? My BH tend to go from the top of my bump down its only over the last 2 weeks I have started to get bad pains and they aren't often and I think they are more associated with babys head getting engaged. Perhaps ask your midwife just to be sure it isn't a UTI - they can be dangerous.

Xx

I've just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI so I guess it could be related, although I thought the antibiotics would've got rid of it by now. I have to give a urine sample in on tuesday morning to be 100% it's all gone so if that comes back clear it must be something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back