struggling with the heat in work :(

Reaction score
for the past 2 days my work has been extremely warm . Everyone in my work is struggling not just me. There are two fans in the room I work in but this has not helped and its warmer than outside. Im really struggling and the heat is making me feel slightly faint at times and really uncomfortable.

Im starting to worry about how warm im becoming in work and the effect this could have on my unborn baby . Is there something my work should be doing about this as I cant afford not to go into work but its getting impossible to work in such conditions .

Same here! But lucky for me my OH works with me too & got me a giant fan in my office :)

Told the other team members tough, she's come first lol harsh but I love him lol

You should have a work RA put into place, which can be updated as and when. I made it clear in mine that if it got too hot that I would need a fan in my room (I am a teacher) today it was far too hot and I felt faint. I am well within my rights to refuse to work in there unless the fan is in place tommorow.

You should ask to see your manager and explain that on health gains that you need a fan otherwise you will have to go off sick.

You should have a work RA put into place, which can be updated as and when. I made it clear in mine that if it got too hot that I would need a fan in my room (I am a teacher) today it was far too hot and I felt faint. I am well within my rights to refuse to work in there unless the fan is in place tommorow.

You should ask to see your manager and explain that on health gains that you need a fan otherwise you will have to go off sick.
there are two fans in my room but they are rubbish and im still struggling :( . My work haven't done a RA x

I got sports day practice today and real one tommo and not looking forward to all that sun . Praying for a breeze at least!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Your work should do a risk assessment. One of the factors they should look at is the temperature and put in reasonable adjustments if you are too hot or too cold. Iv been given a fan which has helped a little plus I'm allowed to take short breaks so I can pop out to cool down (when it's colder outside of course lol) or go to a colder part of the building. Which has helped me loads as I did I get too hot also x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back