Is 28.5 degrees too hot to work in?

Chelle

Reaction score
The office where I work is so hot it makes me feel poorley. I bought a growbag thermometer and took it to work today and it showed the temperature as being 28.5 degrees. Is this too hot or am I being a drama queen? :oops:
It's not that it's just hot, it's so stuffy and close, it must be so unhygienic in there. I have had a risk assessment done at work and I mentioned the temperature then but I understand that there is not a lot they can do. I have an office job and there are 10 other people in the office.
I just feel fed up cos I don't dread going to work because of the job, I just dread it beacause of the heat and it's not even summer yet, arghhhhhh!!!! :x

I'd say thats too hot. When you consider the outside air temp etc I'd be yelling at them to turn it down.

There really is no need to have it so high, even in the middle of winter tbh.

I am not sure if there is a legal temp they are obliged to have (but when you consider 18C is thought to be good for babies) I am sure there are guidelines.

TBH I'd be yelling more because of the enviromental impact also. People don't need that kind of heat inside. Wear a sweater!

Its been the complete opposite in my office the last couple of days, we have been freezing but they wont do anything about it. Bit confusing seeing as the side that is normally freezing was really toasty and warm apparently so half of my team went and sat in there.

I would tell them that you are not meant to be overheated as its bad for baby, they should find you somewhere cooler to sit/work.

I would say that is deffo too hot! Surely ones in your office are really prone to illness if they go from somewhere that hot to outside?

Sorry to hijack but Is there a limit on how cold you should be when pregnant? I work in a florist and it is absolutely freezing we have the door open all day and no heating because its not good for the flowers, which I can understand. It kinda comes with the job but is it safe for baby being cold?

I'd love to be soemwhere warm!! Im so cold at the moment its horrible. My work is always cold as well, and even my manager agrees :( problem is the temp is managed at head office so we cant do anything about it
TBH that heat compared to the codl outside cant be good for you

hello hun

thats a very uncomfy temparature to be working in normally, let alone whilst pregnant as you feel hotter anyway. Unfortunatelky there is no legal limit to the temp you can work in. There is for cold but not for hot :roll: My OH works in a Foundry with molten metal and temps exceed 50C in the summer :shock: He has felt so poorly on occasions but as there are no legal limits he has to carry on. They do give him salt tablets though and they have to provide adequate breaks for drinks etc but he still ends up as skinny as a rake from sweating and his clothes are salt stained :puke:

What you can do is ask your employer for a fan or a small aircon unit. They are obliged to make you comfy. If it were me Id open all the windows too. They have to allow you breaks to go for walks anyway now you're preggo so you can go cool dow3n and keep drinking lots of water or ice cold drinks.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would say that if you're uncomfortable then it's too hot.

Everwhere i have worked inclusidng a hospital was 21 to 23 degrees. Never any colder or warmer.

Sandi

Thanks for the suggestions girls. I think I will ask for an air con unit. If they are obliged to make me comfy then I might ask to move desks or offices to somewhere cooler. Can't do any harm :D
I'm worried about the warmer months as it's obviously really cold at the moment so things can only get worse really. If it's this bad through March i can't imagine what it will be like in July or August :(

50 degrees. That is crazy!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't believe there are no legal guidelines on safe heating conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back