Struggling to cope with work!

redbear

Reaction score
I know i sound like a right moaner but im just really down today and hate the thought of going to work!

I work for my dad which you would think would be good but no im left to get all the tool's out on my own as well as work plus he is so lazy that he ends up shouting me to go get this that and the other from the van so im running around all day as well as actually working (im a plumber) and if i say anything about been pregnant he just say's 'what am i meant to do you will have to go to the doctors if you cant do your job because i can't pay you to not work'

And so at this point im getting up at 7 am and working hard all day running around etc, as well as doing my job, not eating right, getting home with no energy to do anything and then go to bed and wake up with lag cramps all night and dont sleep... i end up falling asleep on the couch in the middle of the day on a Saturday and that's the most rest i get, i was so tired the other day it was only 4pm but i cried walking down the street because i had finished early and could have an hour in bed.

I know its selfish and everyone else is going through the same but i feel like crap... I went to the doctor and asked for some multi vitamins (i didnt want to just go take any) and he basically said there is nothing they can do to help my energy levels or sleeping. But its a struggle to get enough energy to even walk i feel like im dragging my legs all the time.

My doctor asked when i was taking maternity leave and i told him 11 weeks before and he said with my job thats too late in his opinion -- but the goverments rules are the rules so i dont know what he expects me to do i can't afford to be on the sick because im pregnant!! But then again if the doctor say's i should leave what do i do? Risk it and take the sick pay or carry on and risk my health? My husband say's i should just take the sick note and so goe's mad if i try to talk to him about how tired i am... im just stuck in a shitty mood xxx

I just needed a rant and a little moan because i feel so shitty today!

Can u get ur mum to speak to him or your hubby? He should be looking out for your best interests rite now!

could you manage if you just took a week off sick? maybe you would feel better and get you through till maternity! i only work 2 days a week but can't even manage that this week have been so sick and i'm so drained i feel guilty but i have to put myself and baby first xx

The thing is my mum is so worried (its what she is like) that when i help her do the shopping she is always saying 'should you lift that?' etc and i always say its light compared to work... She has told him before and he was ok for a couple of weeks and then slips into old routine... Also i dont look pregnant in my work clothes most coustomers look shocked when i tell them i just look like im carrying weight on my belly... i said mybe if i get some work clothes so i look pregnant he will think more but i dont know... Ive only 5 week left but at the minute five week seems a very long time. I'll try talk to my mum again but she doesn't like to argue with my dad mainly because you cant he won't listen! x

Crikey I would say plumbing's not the best job being pregnant at all, all them small spaces and heavy stuff. Rather than sick does your dad pay you holiday at all? You need a bit of time away to recover your strength hun, or even compromise and go part time, at least you'd get some pay. The thing with working for family is the normal employer/employee barriers don't seem to exist.
Hope you get some rest soon hun xxxxxxxxxxx

I was gonna say r u due any annual leave? If not then I think u have to put ur baby and urself first a take the sick note xxx

no i'm not due any holidays took them off before i was preggers... :S if only i had known... i think i am going to carry on but if i feel any worse i will go to the doctor again...i wish i had a desk job atm lol... thanks for the advice guys x

Oh that sounds awful hun :( especially when working for your dad. My old manager was really horrible to me and kept making me do lots of manual work and it was making me so ill, tired and stressed. I went to my doctor and he gave me a lighter duties note, he wrote on it that I needed suitable breaks, no heavy lifting and that they provide me with a chair etc as I work in retail. My doctor said that if the company didn't comply the lighter duties note would then act as a sick note until the company had complied with what the lighter duties note said.
Now I know it's your dad you're working for but do you think maybe a note like this from your doctor might make him realise that you need to take it a bit easier?
xx

Shame Hun but do think he should have ur best interests at heart now.
Think a proper chat with ur mum/boyfriend as pinky princess said cx

Thanks ladies im going to ask the doctor and see what he thinks and if he says i need to leave a couple weeks early then i will... its just not worth all the stress! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back