Struggling with clothes

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
This is going to sound terribly shallow but I miss my clothes and shoes so much!

I went shopping with OH yesterday and just got really upset looking at all the clothes in the shops that I can't buy because of bump! I love my bump and I love showing it off (none of those tent dresses for me!) but the lack of nice clothes is really getting me down. I've bidded on a few second hand things on eBay that I keep loosing as I'll only spend 'so much' on something second hand! I've got this family party at the weekend and it'll be the first time most of these people in years let alone pregnant so I want to look nice but don't feel I can!

As for shoes I used to live in my heels and uggs (and yes uggs are still my favs) but when it comes to dressing up abit I don't have a clue. I'm 4ft11 so don't feel comfortable in flats and a dress!

Arghhhh please say I'm not the only one! Sorry about the shallow rant just had to get it out somewhere!!

It's annoying :( but guess we have to make the most of it. New look have some nice things - well as nice as maternity gets lol x

This is the be all and end all of my maternity wardrobe! Any ideas on what to add to make me feel better?
I was thinking about getting some converses to wear with jeans instead of uggs but don't your feet get bigger?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630207.484167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630207.484167.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630223.271192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630223.271192.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630244.230778.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630244.230778.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630259.538017.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314630259.538017.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 8
You are SO not the only one, I'm abominably shallow. I have this gorgeous '20s inspired size 6 dress which I've never worn and I could just cry when I think of it. Same goes for everything with a nice hourglass waist I see in shops.

Love love love anything hourglass! In the summer I'm a strictly 50s style dress girl and I've seen millions in the shops this summer I can't buy :(

It's OK, you can cry on my fat bump and I'll cry on yours :D

My only satisfaction is OH is getting positively obese with sympathy cravings, LOL!

Lol! My OH has been told he's a heart attack waiting to happen :| finally asking me to help him eat healthy after 4 years of telling me he'll stick to curry thanks! Couldntve come at a better time I'm addicted to chocolate at the mo lol!

Been shopping today and found some georgous heels in M&S. I know, I know before i get shot, M&S have some lovely heels at the mo, seriously and they are so comfy too. I struggle so much with my usual heels as some of my more expensive ones are so unconfortable but the M&S ones are so comfy amazing.

H&M also have some georgous tops (non maternity) just buy the next size up to accomodate your bump, check it out!

i am still wearing heels for work but i think i will need to get some flats this week,,,,,cos bump is starting to appear...

xx

I wear wedge heels! Im crap at wearing heels in general as i gave them up when i had stephen, but wedge heels and a dress work for me.

I'm struggling, but not so much with style, more with size.

I'm at an in-betweeny-stage where my usual clothes are getting a bit tight and uncomfy, but my maternity clothes are all too big, and I feel like they will be too big for quite a while.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to wear for the next couple of months, as I haven't got any cash to spend on new things. Anyone else had this problem? Today I wore my jeans with the button undone, but I don't have many baggy tops I can do that with, and my jeans start to fall down!

xxx

Last edited:
I'm struggling, but not so much with style, more with size.

I'm at an in-betweeny-stage where my usual clothes are getting a bit tight and uncomfy, but my maternity clothes are all too big, and I feel like they will be too big for quite a while.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to wear for the next couple of months, as I haven't got any cash to spend on new things. Anyone else had this problem? Today I wore my jeans with the button undone, but I don't have many baggy tops I can do that with, and my jeans start to fall down!

xxx
My trousers actually fell off me once when I got out of the car, LOL!!! I had the waist extended with a hairband and it had fallen off while I was sitting. Embarrassment!!

i hear u girlfriend!!

i've just spent nearly an hour looking online! maybe we are all getting to the stage now where we really have to do 'maternity' clothes!?

pinky, how about some 'Toms' with jeans, i love em and their really comfy! also i'm wearing these at the moment and their really comfy and nice with jeans too!!

http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/reece_weave/30/1097/2460/1?fs=1097

iv just bid on two dresses on ebay - we are probably in a bidding war with each other!! there's a nice yellow/gold floral dress on new look at the moment, i think its £29.99.

i got some decent jeans off of asos about a month ago and i wore them out on saturday night and they've started digging into me already :( so other than leggings i've decided to invest in maternity black tights and dresses only now which can be worn through to winter, any sunny days will be my summer maxi dresses.

xx

You're not alone, I started crying on a shopping trip to Debenhams because I couldn't buy anything that I liked that would fit me. Thankfully my OH managed to calm me down and bought me some maternity stuff to cheer me up. It did pass though as now I keep thinking that there's less than 2 months to go till I get my shape (if one size larger!) back and can wear normal clothes again, and I can just about cope with that ;)

I dont really understand why people spend much money on baby clothes, there are SO many cool second hand baby clothes and you can buy literally a bin bag full for a fiver, or for free! We got ALL Jaspers clothes for free and i only bought what i really, really wanted (so the odd jumper or something) the bulk of it we got second hand and it was good as new, If you sat around in a jumper for 3 months and didnt do anything in it, it would be as new... thats what baby clothes are like!

we got so many free baby clothes that i have just been though our boys stuff and pulled out everything gender neutral, we have more than enough for Ivy-Mae and I will just buy some shockingly beautiful dresses etc to go over the top of everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back