Struggling to drink :(

mdsremos

Reaction score
I have a problem with fluid intake even before I was pregnant going through phases where I have to literally force myself to drink throughout the day, as a child I was lucky not to be dehydrated at having only 2-3 small drinks per day.
I have limited coffee to one cup first thing only and am now struggling as I have gone off sweet drinks like juice or caffiene free cola or coffee, I cannot stand water although it was a craving with DS. Just the thought of drinking makes me feel sick to the stomach but I feel so stupid at not being able to. I have been drinking a glass of milk before bed but my intake is still very limited!

How about fruit juices (fresh juice not concentrate) or smoothies? I hated water too before I bought a Britter filter jug thing and now I drink cold water out of the fridge from that, would that help? x Instead of a glass of milk before bed could you perhaps have 3-4 little glasses throughout the day? x I have never drunk as much as I have since finding out I'm pg but only because I get sooooo thirsty and then feel sick but everyones different x don't put too much pressure on yourself, see if you can drink half a glass extra one day then up it to a glass extra the next day? x

How about soups? Also fruit that has a high water content like melon? You will need extra fluids on top of what you should drink daily for all the extra blood your body generates - hope you feel like drinking some more soon :hug:

I found drinking really hard when my sickness was at it's worst! Couldn't keep water or juice down so I started eatting ice poles! I know their not alot of fluid but it was abit! Try them Hun x x

How about ice lollies or crushed ice Hun, my sister did this with all 3 pregnancies and by god was it annoying!!!! Lol x

I'm exactly the same, I don't like any sweet/fizzy drinks or milk so have lived off coffee and tea since I was 12! Obviously have gone onto decaff now, but even that I only have about 4 cups a day.
I think if you've never been a big 'drinker' then it probs doesn't matter too much, although I have noticed I'm craving salty things so maybe that's my way of doing it as it makes me thirsty!!

My OH can drink like 2 pints of water straight down but I take a few sips and feel full!

I didn't realise you have to drink more during pregnancy!! I drink SO little, maybe only two glasses a day, I regually get to bed time and realise I've not had a drink all day. Guess I'll have to make a point out of drinking more over the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back