How much you are supposed to drink every day?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Dippy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member

I am finding it really hard to drink fluids at the moment - I have gone off tea, coffee and fizzy drinks due to nausea, so most of my usual drinks are now a no-no. I feel like I am not drinking enough and am concerned that this might be causing the headaches and dizziness I have been experiencing in the last few days. What are your experiences? I bought a litre bottle of flavoured water today and managed to quite enjoy that - just means more frequent trips to the loo!! Any advice?

2. nikki1306

nikki1306 Well-Known Member

Hi Dippy

I am having the same problem. I have completely gone off drink :( ,it makes me feel so sick!!
    I mean everything,i can just about manage to sip lime cordial with loads of ice cubes in.
    I don't know what to do, my skin is so dry and like you i am sure it's making my pregnancy symptoms worse :wall:

Any advice anyone!!

3. *sam*

*sam* Well-Known Member

Hi Dippy,

Since finding out I was pregnant I've only been able to drink water and weak orange barley water (although no more than a glass a day of this)

I'm sorry to say it hasn't got any better for me and this is still all I can drink. It's lucky I like water!! :D

Hope it gets better for you! xxx

4. Melanie

Melanie Well-Known Member

I'm drinking lots of flavoured water as I'm the total opposite and am always thirsty!

5. Blackfairykitten

Blackfairykitten Well-Known Member

Yeh thirst is a symptom for me, unfortunately laziness sometimes get the better of me and i don't go get a drink as often as i should. It is recommended you drink 8 glasses of water/squash/juice a day.
    xx