stretchmarks

soconfused

Reaction score
i am so upset! :cry: the top of my legs are covered in stretchmarks! iv have been using coconut butter like its going out of fashion and i have still managed to get them! my midwife even said that because i am so young i shouldnt even have a problem because the chances of me getting them are next to nil!

im so upset! :cry: not only am i a single teenage mum but now in covered in these horrible looking things! suddenly pregnancy isnt such an amazing thing :cry:

Stretch marks have nothing to do with being young and cocoa butter won't stop them either. There's nothing that will completely prevent them. There's things you can do to maybe minimize your chances like staying well hydrated and not gaining weight too quickly. I'm always reading that for the most part, stretchmarks are hereditary. Also....there's women that make it their whole pregnancy without any, but then they pop up afterwards when the weight is melting off.

So don't feel like you're the only one, so many pregnant women get them. Cheer up! :wink:

I have two children already and my tummy looks like a road map!! Like Amber said, there really isn't a lot you can do about them, some people get them and some don't. They do however fade slightly as the years go by once you get out in the sun etc.......just think by then, all your friends will have them and yours will look better than theirs!!!

i used palmers coco butter with my first and i tought i was doing great beause i couldn't see any, BUT THEN,at 35 wks i'd got out of the bath and was admiring my bump in the mirror and there they were!!! oh my god they were all over the undeside of my stomach and the tops of my legs!!

i wasn't impressed

i didn't think that i could no longer see past my belly button!!

oh well i just call them mummy lines!! makes you feel a little better!

I got really bad S/M over my bum, hips and thighs when I was just 13 years old due to a massive weight gain during puberty. They soon faded and by the time I was 15 years old and lost all my puppy fat I didn't even notice them at all. And they still dont bother me now.

Trust me, no1 will even care (apart from you) if you have S/M's.

Im 33 weeks pg and been putting on coco butter cream and using exfoliating body scrub since I was 6 weeks pg as I knew Id get S/M's on my tummy. NOT 1 S/M in sight on my tummy.

So Im a strong beliver coco butter and good exfoliation is the key to reducing your chance of S/M's.

I have been using cocoa butter since I was 8 weeks pregnant and I woke up Monday morning and spotted on very faint stretch mark on my left side of belly. If you are ment to get stretch marks you will get them but they will soon go away.

Cocoa butter is a very good skin healer and can reduce scars after - also try Bio Oil - quite expensive but has faded all scars I had on my body from childhood and other things, and am now using on tummy to avoid s/m's. I think if you are gonna get them you will get them and not much can be done. But I am still gonna exfoliate and bio oil everywhere i can reach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back