stressing out over tax credits help!

mel_ed

Reaction score
rite i'm filling out my tax credits form for the 1st time now finley has arrived. u have 2 bas it on last years earning right? so we both worked full time.
but now i'm on maternity leave do i ring them when i get the claim through 2 tell them i'm not working anymore and will i get more money then?

I think if you go into the job center they help you fill it in :) Not sure where I read that on the forms but I remember seeing it. Took me ages to fill mine out and work the forms out. Got it sorted now though which is always nice. Hope you figure it out soon!

i am just about to go through all of this. tried ringing them on monday, got put on hold for 35 minutes then some man with a really really strong scottish accent came on. I felt awful and he spoke very quietly too but I had to keep asking him to repeat himself...
Am a bit confused as they wouldn't send me a claim form, they said I would have to make an appointment and go in to speak to someone face to face!!! Whats this all about? I've never claimed anything in my life and I have never heard them do this before so am a bit worried now...

I just wish they would make things a hell of a lot simpler...got better things to do ie, spend time with my new baby!!!

I had to go in and see somebody. But that was because I was on hold for 30 bloody minutes then Paige woke up and started crying and they were asking me stupid questions and I got one wrong so they thought I was trying to be someone else...idiots. But it actually made things better as I got an appointment for 2 days later and they gave me a claim form there and then, whereas apparently you have to wait ages for the pack to arrive if you get it via phone.

I had to go in and see somebody. But that was because I was on hold for 30 bloody minutes then Paige woke up and started crying and they were asking me stupid questions and I got one wrong so they thought I was trying to be someone else...idiots. But it actually made things better as I got an appointment for 2 days later and they gave me a claim form there and then, whereas apparently you have to wait ages for the pack to arrive if you get it via phone.

ah, right! It could be he thought I was dodgy then as I couldn't understand him and so was a bit slow in answering some of his questions...
Was you there long? Just don't want to spend ages with the little man waiting around!

When ur claims thru u can ring them up and explain the situation and theyl alter their figures so u get more money,my ex and his wife was in the same situation and they sorted it for them. Xxx

thanks girls the sooner the better i get it sorted driving me mad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back