Stressed out :(

Sage

Reaction score
Kyran had his six week check up yesterday (everything fine apart from he nearly screamed the place down when the doctor squeezed his balls!) and i got really annoyed at my health visitor i started telling her about a problem im having and she was only half listening in the first place messing with papers when about half way through my sentence she turned to the other woman in her office and starting talking to her!! as if i wasnt even speaking to her! really rude! They were very busy and i think she was a bit stressed out but, come on! Pfft anyway so i thought id stress my question on here and she what you ladies think.

Kyran is a very unsettled baby he always has been, now he does suffer from trapped wind and he keeps getting thrush in his mouth. Hes been so miserable during the day but today hes been really bad, when i put the bottle in his mouth he would start sucking then burst out crying. Do you think it could be from trapped wind or the thrush bothering him? Its so stressful seeing him so upset and i cant do anything! I already use infacol or gripe warter and im using daktarin for his thrush :(

Hes not sleeping well in the day and only taking about 3oz of milk each feed, i just cant settle him back into his normal routine of 5oz every three hours and at least 2hrs sleep inbetween. Do you think he could just be going through a phase? Or do you think its the thrush? Im not sure what the side affects of that are. I mean does it make his mouth sore or itch? Or is it just wind? :wall:

I was also wondering since he doesnt seem to be content after a bottle if i should put him on the number 2 milk (cow & gate) but then again he might just be annoyed by the thrush or wind pffft so many questions! wheres the health visitor when you need her! :x

Well I dunno but wanted you to have this :hug:

Maybe you could try the faster flowing teats if he's crying..maybe it's cos he's not getting his milk fast enough??? Then again it could be wind and it could be thrush so I guess I'd take him to clinic and talk to a HV.

Sorry hun, I'm no help. :roll:

Ah good well at least im not the only one with a crappy HV!

Yeh he was onthe dc brown teats which are really really slow so i put him on a medium flow teat and he was alot better for about 5 days but since sunday hes slipped into his old ways and cries constantly :cry: its heart breaking! and his mouth is so bad :(

Ive been told the thrush might be from the sterillizer im using so instead of the steam way or the tablet im guna try the old fashion way of just boiled water....takes agaes!! but if it helps i'll try anything!!!

A friend recommended the yellow box of cow and gate comfort. so went straight out and brought it. Luckily his last feed he drunk the 5oz of it and only cried when i sat him up to wind him (i think he cries automatically when i lift him up coz hes expecting the wind) hes fast asleep now to so fingers crossed it will settle him and it wont be just a one off fluke!!

:wall:

awww poor kyran! are you giving him the Daktarin even when it clears? or is it not clearing it full stop? if its clearing it, carry on giving him it for a few days more cos the bug will be in his tum still and it needs to be gone from there otherwise it will just keep coming back and it will never go, hope he is feeling better soon.xx

yeh its seems to haev cleared up already it works really quickly that stuff but like you said i'll keep using it for a bit more.

Well last night he slept from 9pm till 3am which is a start! But oh my god he has been the devil since then, basically screamed since 3am :wall: Its such hard work. Once he gets into one of his over tired stroppy moods he's an absolute nightmare! By 8am id just had enough burst out crying and just had to walk out the room for ten mins and let my OH deal with him. Its so hard sometimes :( i just wish i could get him into a routine, or do anythin to help he settle better! :cry:

Hes just had a bottle of that new milk definately has helped a bit i will carry on with it and hopefully he'll start settling better!

Does anyone else go though this or has everyone got perfect little angels and my kyran is the devil in a cute suit?!!!

In my work there were 5 of us pregnant around the same time. All the four other girls go on about how well behaved their babies are some of them are already sleeping through the night and one of them never cries! Uuuuhhh why me!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back