Not sure my GP has ever had children :S

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I took Jake to seethe GP today as he has a rash around his mouth and I just wanted it checking as somebody said it could be thrush :?

Anyway, the doctor said it is most likely because he dribbles a lot. Then she changed her mind because she watched Jake for a momant or two while he poked his fingers into his eyes, nose then his mouth then all around his face, and then put his finger up my nose and back in his mouth :lol: She said that would most likely be the cause, him transfering bacteria around his face. She advised me to switch soap with aqueous cream and to bandage his fingers up :shock: :evil: :shock: :evil: She realised what she said and laughed and suggested gloves (like they would stay on :roll: ) and told me where she comes from they coat childrens hands with a foul tasting substsnce to discourage them putting their hands in their mouths. Like Im gonna put Stop'n'Grow on my baby!

Please tell me I not the only one who thinks this is crazy :| Well at least he doesnt have thrush lol

God that made me really laugh!! Bandage up his hands??? lmao She souonds nuts!! Its probably from when he dribbles, but dont all children?! lol

that is crazy advice!! :wall: toddlers dribble, toddlers put there hands in there mouth and any other orrifice or hole they can find, you cannot stop them exploring there surroundings!! sounds like she has ocd cleaning or something!! :wall:

it will go hun luke had this you can keeo the area moisturised by applying aqueous cream x

Omg LOL that IS crazy!!! :rotfl:
I do hope Jake's getting better, will you take him to see another Doc? Maybe post a pic as Mummy's on here will probably be able to help with what it is, sending very best wishes to you both :hug: :hug: :hug:

Definatley sounds like toddler dribbling! I would have thought that would be obvious even if she hasn't had children. How are children supposed to explore with their hands bandaged :shock: :shock: C has it alot at the moment as she is teething and constantly has her fingers in her mouth and rubbing around her mouth. The cold weather will make it worse. I've been using doublebase cream on it.

What are you supposed to do keep them bandaged up until he is 3? Hayden still puts his hands in his mouth loads,
It sounds like teething rash, Hayden always got a little rash around his mouth when he had a tooth coming because the saliva thay are dribbling is more acidic, and he got a sore bum too from acidic wee :-( what a silly doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back