strange skin thing....

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
morning all got a weird question i have someting wrong with my skin...
ever since i was pregnnt if i touch my bump you can see where ive touched it for a few minutes afterwards as it leaves a white mark, thismorning though i itched my tigh and it went really weird like red where i hadnt itched it and white where i had and it stayed like that for atleast 5 mins, i itched the other leg aswell to see if it happened then and it did, also my ankles wrists and arms are very swollen today could this have something to do with it?
anyone else had this or know what it could be?
thanks
manda xx

yeah could be linked to your swelling because extra fluid can cause white marks where you press.
keep your eye on it though and if swelling gets worse speak to your mw x

i have this, if i put any pressure on me it leaves white patches for ages but i haven't really got any swelling :think:

It is to do with circulation. It is taking longer for the blood to flow back into the areas you have put pressure on. I don't think it's serious, but I'm not a health professional. (I say this every time I give medical advice - I'm so worried I'll say something's OK when it really isn't) If you put pressure in the same way on a non pregnant person you'll see the same things happen but it takes almost no time for the skin to look normal again. :hug:
I remember when I broke my wrist the doctor squeezed my thumb to see how long it would take to go back to normal. I don't know exactly what this told them, but it did take much longer than usual.

thanks all my hands and feet only seem to swell first thing in the morning and when ive been walking so maybe i sleep funny at night!!
atleast i no its normal now :)
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back