Stomach cramps

Tigger87

Reaction score
Last Thursday lunch time, and again last night I got a bout of crippling stomach cramps. Last night, it woke me up.

It's not my uterus, it's really high, it's literally my stomach. It's horrible searing pain for about 3-4 minutes, going on for a little while and then totally disappearing.

I think the baby/pregnancy probably causes it, somehow, but I don't think it's affecting the baby at all - s/he quite happily boots me when it's happening, even if they've been reasonably quiet before then!!

Anyone else getting this? I have spoken to my midwife, she doesn't think it's anything I need to worry about, so I'm not. But if anyone gets this and has some magic way to make it stop I'd LOVE to hear it!!!!

Sorry hun I'm not sure, it could be baby lying on your digestive system? Sounds like ibs cramps but they rend to be quite low. Maybe try peppermint tea?

Hope it eases for you

Xx

I've tried peppermint tea in first tri to ease sickness... I would rather put up with the pain than do that again!!! ;-)

It's not something I've ever experienced before, and obviously not something other people are commonly getting either so never mind :) won't be too much longer and ill have my own body back!! Haha x

How strange I had this last night and it woke me up at about 11.30pm. I thought I was going into labour lol it really hurt. Not had it before and it literally lasted a couple minutes. I have had a bit of a dodgy tummy though this week and when I saw midwife today she has sent a sample off just to make sure I've not got a UTI as there were leukocytes present. I had to google this, but basically means it can be a symptom of a UTI.

Braxton hicks? X

Bloody hope not, I'm not doing labour if that was a "practise" pain!!!! Practically had me in tears it was so horrible!!

I think it might have been a bit of tummy upset, everything is being pushed around so much by baby I suppose I should expect it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back