Stomach bug

Emma58

Reaction score
I think i have got the stomach bug thats doing the rounds.

I have diahorrea (sp) and keep getting stomach cramps. I haven't been sick just feel rough.

Will the stomach cramps do the baby any harm?

I haven't called the doctor as i'm sure with this bug there is nothing they can do for you.

If I were you I would still speak to the doctor still as I believe (don't quote me though) that even diahorrea can cause dehydration.

Have lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and hope you feel better soon.

Thanks hun

I've just called the doctors and they want to check me over just in case.

kazlin said:
If I were you I would still speak to the doctor still as I believe (don't quote me though) that even diahorrea can cause dehydration.

Have lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and hope you feel better soon.

It can cause dehydration.. but unfortunately there is nothing you can take to stop diarrhoea in pregnancy...

What you can do is make sure you drink plenty of fluids and have only thin soups for food. It's easy for the stomach to digest and irritates the lining less.

If you have diarrhoea for a more than 3 days you should see your GP. although diarrhoea in your 3rd tri is extremely common... and it might just be associated with being pregnant...

Take it easy... it's another excuse to put your feet up.. :) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just got back from the doctors she gave me a check over felt tum, checked urine and BP. All of them were OK.
She said it's probably just a bug that is doing the rounds but to go back if the stomach cramps get any worse or my upset stomach lasts till tomorrow.

I had that stomach bug too and was being sick and had the most horrible cramps for two days too. The best thing you can do is just drink as much water as possible to keep hydrated and try and sleep it off. I just stuck to simple food like clear soup and toast for a couple of days and by the third day I was back to normal. My Dr said that not to worry about baby as the vomitting/diahorrea won't directly effect the baby, he just said to keep drinking fluids. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

I'm just going to try to relax for the day. I haven't vomited I have thought I might a couple of times but so far its just the cramps and iffy stomach.

I'm actually a little hungry now - I knew the Chicken Noodle soup I bought would come in!!

Aww chicken noodle soup is good for the soul :hug:

Really hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you're feeling better soon, drink lots of fluids, though maybe not the Hipp fennel drink :lol:

Thank you :hug:

I'm drinking loads of water feeling a little better - have been really lazy today and not really done a lot.

And no I won't be drinking any fennel tea Lol

Hope you feel better soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My sister has noro virus from work (shes a nurse) Its all really scarey to me. Get lots of rest :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back