Still bleeding 2 weeks later

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
Hi girls,

It's now 2 weeks since my D&C and I'm still bleeding. It's not all day every day but it's still enough to bother me. How long have others bleed after op? I've been taking an aspirin tab a day, do you think this could be a side effect? We've also Dtd a couple of times the past couple of days so not sure if that's had an effect.

I just want to be back to normal so I can get pregnant again. I hate all this waiting about xxx

I can't offer any advice on Recovery from a D&C as all my miscarriages were either natural ones or assisted by medication, I did bleed for at least 3 weeks with my last one though.
I am sorry I can't offer any more advice but I just didn't want to read and run. I am truly heartbroken for you. I really hope and pray you get your much wanted baby really soon, sending you tons of love and hugs your way

Michelle x

I bled on and off for around 3-4 weeks after my D&C then 3 weeks later I got my period which was horrific and painful so don't panic if that happens too xx
Give it some more time xx
I hope you feel better soon xx

I bled for 3 weeks, although the last few days of that was just weird light brown stuff! We then dtd as I was told not to do it until bleeding had stopped. That was 9 days ago and had a very light pink smear plus a little brown. Thought it was coming back but has stopped again! Don't worry if you're bleeding unless it's really heavy, you're in pain or it smells weird.

It's so rubbish as everything just takes soooooo long, I'm now waiting for my af to come, another waiting game!! Hope you're ok hun, you'll get there! :) xx

It took probably just over two weeks until I had no bleeding or any sort at all. Really does seem to vary. Know how you feel though, I just want to get back to normal and start properly trying again but things seem to keep making taking forever. Sure we'll get sorted soon X

Thanks girls. Last time I hardly bled at all after D&C so it's weird that I've not been bleeding for 2 weeks. Going to do another pg test today. Here's hoping its a lot fainter than last weeks line. Did you all wait till you got a neg pg test before starting ovulation tests? Xxx

I waited for AF to come then started ovulation tests.
The first month I didn't even ovulate which is normal also. My cycle also changed a little. While it was 25 days before after the D&C it was anything from 22-30 for a long long time. We decided to sort of ntnp for the following months and 7 m later I decided to use opk which showed that I actually ovulated 1 week later than I thought. Next month I was pregnant just in time for when my due date would have been making the whole thing more bare able.
She is now 14 m old an I am pregnant again with twins this time...
It will happen for you too just take care of yourself for now xx

Hi,
So sorry for your loss. I had d and c in August 2013 and I bled for 6 weeks after. The last week was more spotting but enough to bother me!
I felt like It was a constant reminder of my loss and was so relieved when it was over!
Hope it's over soon for you, rest and look after yourself.

Can I just ask why your taking asprin?
X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back